• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is this A bug when embedding XD prototype to Adobe Portfolio?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that when I open a page on Adobe Portfolio with embedded XD prototype, the scrollbar will automatically scroll to the location of the prototype.

Is this a bug? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

I already connected with them. This is a bug and they will investigate it, but there is no timeframe for when it will be fixed.. Let's see

Thank you so much Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

UPDATE - March 10, 2020
This solution will only work outside of Adobe Porfolio due to embed code stripping enforced by Adobe.

Original Post:

An easy solution for this is to sandbox the XD iframe. Add the following line to your iframe embed code:

sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"

The full embed code should look something like this:

<iframe width="375" height="667" src="https://xd.adobe.com/embed/.../" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too sure what you mean.   Can you post the URL to an example?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure here is an example

https://hfdesign.myportfolio.com/h2flow​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That XD embed is certainly grabbing page focus isn't it?

I haven't seen that before.

Contact Portfolio Team directly and ask them what's up.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already connected with them. This is a bug and they will investigate it, but there is no timeframe for when it will be fixed.. Let's see

Thank you so much Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019 Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, this is NOT an issue only existing in Adobe Portfolio. Every website embedded XD prototype will encounter this issue, for example, check this website: https://www.appdesigntips.com/blog/sharing-your-adobe-xd-prototypes-on-your-blog-or-website/

I believe that is an issue related to <iframe> but I can't fix it by myself by adding attributes like "scrolling="yes"". Please contact XD technical team :[

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem here.

I had to remove the XD prototype from my website because it scoll down the page on loading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with an embedded XD prototype on a Webflow page. I can see that it's loading after everything else, but why it's automatically scrolling down to the container section is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here, just commenteting to up the priority on this! Thanks for looking into it as it has a pretty significant impact on my websites functionality. Thanks,

Chandler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just commenting to bring up the importance of the issue. I had the same problem on my site. It happens in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

There is a post on Stack Overflow about it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36775412/prevent-page-to-jumping-to-iframe/36775563#36775563 for a temporary fix. I can't use that because I don't have full access to backend code on my site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE - March 10, 2020
This solution will only work outside of Adobe Porfolio due to embed code stripping enforced by Adobe.

Original Post:

An easy solution for this is to sandbox the XD iframe. Add the following line to your iframe embed code:

sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"

The full embed code should look something like this:

<iframe width="375" height="667" src="https://xd.adobe.com/embed/.../" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"></iframe>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same thing when I embed my XD protoype on wordpress (using elementor pro). The browser jumps to the iframe instead of staying at the header. It works fine on safari but does that on my android browser and on chrome. I just tried this fix but it didn't work.. Am I doing something wrong with it? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me at all. When I check the embed code window after adding the sandbox tag above, the tag disappeared. I guess it means the tag doesn't work on Adobe Portfolio.

+) I tried this on Safari, it works! But not on Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me on a React website.

@adobe this is really annoying and makes me — thereby Adobe — look unprofessional.

Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a link? It should work outside of an Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me... Has it worked for anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me either allow-scripts causes the page to jump, but nothing loads without it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work on adobe portfolio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addig Sandbox line not working for me - Adobe removes in on saving. 

Is there any other fix for this? 

iFrame is stealing focus for me on my portfolio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any other advice as to how to get around this in Adobe Portfolio? 
Really want to be able to embed prototypes in my portfolio without focus snapping to the iFrame at the bottom. 

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines