Highlighted

Is this A bug when embedding XD prototype to Adobe Portfolio?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that when I open a page on Adobe Portfolio with embedded XD prototype, the scrollbar will automatically scroll to the location of the prototype.

Is this a bug? Thanks!

UPDATE - March 10, 2020
This solution will only work outside of Adobe Porfolio due to embed code stripping enforced by Adobe.

Original Post:

An easy solution for this is to sandbox the XD iframe. Add the following line to your iframe embed code:

sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"

The full embed code should look something like this:

<iframe width="375" height="667" src="https://xd.adobe.com/embed/.../" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"></iframe>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Is this A bug when embedding XD prototype to Adobe Portfolio?

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that when I open a page on Adobe Portfolio with embedded XD prototype, the scrollbar will automatically scroll to the location of the prototype.

Is this a bug? Thanks!

UPDATE - March 10, 2020
This solution will only work outside of Adobe Porfolio due to embed code stripping enforced by Adobe.

Original Post:

An easy solution for this is to sandbox the XD iframe. Add the following line to your iframe embed code:

sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"

The full embed code should look something like this:

<iframe width="375" height="667" src="https://xd.adobe.com/embed/.../" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen sandbox="allow-same-origin allow-forms allow-scripts"></iframe>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 15, 2019 6
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not too sure what you mean.   Can you post the URL to an example?

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure here is an example

https://hfdesign.myportfolio.com/h2flow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That XD embed is certainly grabbing page focus isn't it?

I haven't seen that before.

Contact Portfolio Team directly and ask them what's up.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already connected with them. This is a bug and they will investigate it, but there is no timeframe for when it will be fixed.. Let's see

Thank you so much Nancy

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 16, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, this is NOT an issue only existing in Adobe Portfolio. Every website embedded XD prototype will encounter this issue, for example, check this website: https://www.appdesigntips.com/blog/sharing-your-adobe-xd-prototypes-on-your-blog-or-website/

I believe that is an issue related to <iframe> but I can't fix it by myself by adding attributes like "scrolling="yes"". Please contact XD technical team :[

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 24, 2019 2
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem here.

I had to remove the XD prototype from my website because it scoll down the page on loading

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 25, 2019 1
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue with an embedded XD prototype on a Webflow page. I can see that it's loading after everything else, but why it's automatically scrolling down to the container section is beyond me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue here, just commenteting to up the priority on this! Thanks for looking into it as it has a pretty significant impact on my websites functionality. Thanks,

Chandler

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2019 0
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just commenting to bring up the importance of the issue. I had the same problem on my site. It happens in Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.

There is a post on Stack Overflow about it: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36775412/prevent-page-to-jumping-to-iframe/36775563#36775563 for a temporary fix. I can't use that because I don't have full access to backend code on my site.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 03, 2019 0