Highlighted

Issue with bounding box on components with states

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue with the bounding box of a component with states.

As you can see from the gif, the bounding box is much bigger than the other states within the component. I also noticed, when I'd pasted in the info text (light grey) to the default state the droplist had been moved to the right on the droplist 2 state.

xd-problem-4.gif

As you can see I tried selecting "Fit bounds to content" to no effect.

Also noticed as I move the drop list around, the bounding box moves further out, keeping that extra space:

xd-problem-5.gif

Adobe XD Ver. 24.0.22.19

Windows 10 Ver. 1903

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with bounding box on components with states

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be an issue with the bounding box of a component with states.

As you can see from the gif, the bounding box is much bigger than the other states within the component. I also noticed, when I'd pasted in the info text (light grey) to the default state the droplist had been moved to the right on the droplist 2 state.

xd-problem-4.gif

As you can see I tried selecting "Fit bounds to content" to no effect.

Also noticed as I move the drop list around, the bounding box moves further out, keeping that extra space:

xd-problem-5.gif

Adobe XD Ver. 24.0.22.19

Windows 10 Ver. 1903

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 06, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alexf01, 

Hope you are doing well. Thanks for posting GIFs here, they are helpful.

I'd like to know if you have tried "Fit bound to content" option. I'd also recommend you to take this component to a fresh file/artboard and see if there are any other objects which are miss aligned or outside the body of component. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

I tried the fit bound to content with no luck. It also happens on a new file. I'm seeing it happen more often as my components have more states and nested components.

Thanks,

Alex

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi alexf01,

Not sure I understand the problem. The second gif looks like the Special Offers Page dropdown is part of your component? The component bounds will always be the smallest rectangle that encompasses all the visible content in a component, except for any overflow effects like shadows or center/outer strokes.

Can you please provide more detail? The top gif is very small, and it's difficult to see what's happening.

Thanks,

Joe

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 06, 2019 0
alexf01 LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bounding box of the component (green) is adding extra space to the bottom of the component out of nowhere. This extra space is only visible in certain states. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0