Highlighted

Issue with components feature- hover state

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im having an issue with using the different component states on XD. I have added a video as reference. As you can see whenever i change the hover state it is affecting the defaut state as well. Am i doing something wrong ? Help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

You're changing the opacity of the component, not the opacity of the elements inside it. A component contains all its states and elements, so if you change the opacity of the component, you change it for all the states and elements within it.

First - go to the layers tab, so you can see what is happening. Don't edit things while on the Assets tab, because you're basically blind as to what you are doing.

Here's a video I made recently to show another user how component editing works.

You have to make sure you select elements inside the components, not the component itself, if you want the change to propagate between instances and/or states.

Even when you switch to a different state, you have to make sure you're working with the contents of the component.

TOPICS
How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Issue with components feature- hover state

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Im having an issue with using the different component states on XD. I have added a video as reference. As you can see whenever i change the hover state it is affecting the defaut state as well. Am i doing something wrong ? Help!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

You're changing the opacity of the component, not the opacity of the elements inside it. A component contains all its states and elements, so if you change the opacity of the component, you change it for all the states and elements within it.

First - go to the layers tab, so you can see what is happening. Don't edit things while on the Assets tab, because you're basically blind as to what you are doing.

Here's a video I made recently to show another user how component editing works.

You have to make sure you select elements inside the components, not the component itself, if you want the change to propagate between instances and/or states.

Even when you switch to a different state, you have to make sure you're working with the contents of the component.

TOPICS
How to, Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 06, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

If you change the opacity by selecting the component it will propogate to all states. If you want to change in particular state then go to edit mode and change its opacity.

Thanks,

Asha

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 06, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Asha, 

I still dont quite follow. It does a similar thing even in the edit mode..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 1
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem and I don't understand this answer. I have a component with only one element inside it (a layer of text). When I try to change the opacity on either default or hover states, it changes on both states. If I select the text layer within the component, it doesn't give the option to change state, because it is not a component. What am I missing? I appreciate the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 25, 2020 0