Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues with assets's size when exporting

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I'm working on a mobile app, I have 3 screens with the same rectangular form in each screen, with the same weight size, but when I export (x1 for Android or IOS, or anything else, I tried every type), the size of the exported assets are different from my original ones, plus It's even different in each asset (one is the good size, and the 2 others are 2 different sizes).
I'm working on PC with Windows 10 latest version.
How can I do to have the exact same size/resolution when exporting?

Thanks,
Sandra

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have added shadow which might be causing the issue in the size when exporting. If this isn't the case then please share more information i.e. Are you exporting selected or All artboards, XD version, and few screenshots would be helpful of XD and exported results.

Vishu Aggarwal
Adobe Certified Instructor, Professional and Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, there is no shadow or any style, it's a simple form with round angles.
I exported selected the form. I can't share screens because I'm not allowed to show the project 🙂
In the XD app it has the right size (1440px) but the asset exported is 1449px ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sandra,

Thanks for sharing the details. If you use our default artboard sizes and accept the default when exporting, you should get the correct export sizes. Could you please try the suggestion shared on this blog and let us know if it helps: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wonder if this is the same problem I'm having. I cannot get the exact dimensions in the exported JPEG. It is because I have a shape which bleeds off the edge of the Artboard (set at 462px wide). I export and the image is 469px wide because one of the vector shapes goes beyond the artboard by 7 pixels. I want the export size to be exactly trimmed to the dimensions of the artboard. I can trim the vector shape so it does not run off the edge, but that is way more effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines