• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard not working in XD

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My keyboard is not working. I tried reinstalling. No keys or shortcuts are taken as inputs. Its been happening for a while now. When I open my last saved files I face the same issue there along with new files which I try to create. When I enter keys on the keyboard XD doesn't recognise anything. The mouse is working fine. Rest of the features in XD is working fine.

TOPICS
Crash on windows , Known Issue , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

I found the solution to this issue which was happening for me and I didn't have to reinstall windows.

Step 1: Go to the ' Windows' folder on your C drive or whichever drive you installed your OS on.

Step 2: Go to 'System32' and find a file named 'ctfmon.exe' 

Step 3: Right click and pin it to start menu.

This fixed my issue and now im able to work with xd with no issues.

NOTE: To permanently fix this issue, you should also add an entry of this program to startup so that it can start itself with Wi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. In order to help you, we need some useful information, such as the version of the software you are using and the characteristics of your computer. Also, I recommend that you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to uninstall Adobe XD and delete any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see a lot of people having this problem. I have the same. One day i can work with XD, the other everything is working except the keyboard input.
I know you work with a script to help people, but by now the problem should have been reached you many many times.
You know it is not PC related, the problem is inside XD in combination with Windows 10. 
Uninstalling and installing XD doesn't work. Cleaning it with the tool doesn't work..

When i google the problem i see it many many times, same problems in 2018 and also 2019. So we can safely say the problem is on Adobe's side. 
So instead of asking questions like this, why don't you look what the solution was then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly @Ray0D4D. The reason I wrote this post is because of this. I saw a thread where they were asking more explanation for the problem when told about system specs and software information. Adobe solution team is jumping around with replies to the problem.

@italosan Im sharing the details of my system and software below, I have used Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool its not working. 

poojas29764613_0-1599124983063.png

XD Info

poojas29764613_1-1599125061548.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am beginning to think the problem is related to windows 10 and/or programs running on it. 
My Adobe XD was working perfect, then from one day to the other i got the problem here described. No keyboard input at all. No shortcuts, not be able to use the text or even to change parameters in the menu on the right. Deleting and reinstalling XD did nothing to change that.

What i did today is i installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on a virtual machine on the same pc i use. 
Then i installed Adobe XD on the virtual machine and it worked like a charm again.

So my conclusion is that one of the windows updates or one of the other programs i have installed on my machine in combination with Adobe XD is causing these problems with the keyboard. The weird thing is that my keyboard works with all my other applications, Adobe or others so the problem now is to find the thing that is causing it.  Probably the quickest way to get a working XD again is to reinstall windows and all the programs one by one and keep checking when the problem starts again 😞
 OR installing all the programs i have running on my pc on the Virtual machine and look when it stops working there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today i performed a windows 10 re-install while keeping all my data and apps.
It took about an hour to complete, but when ready all my apps were still working AND Adobe XD was working again like before.
I just tell what worked for me, i don't have a clue why i had this problem in the first place, but i am glad the problem is gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for sharing your experience and your solution to this problem with the whole community 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution to this issue which was happening for me and I didn't have to reinstall windows.

Step 1: Go to the ' Windows' folder on your C drive or whichever drive you installed your OS on.

Step 2: Go to 'System32' and find a file named 'ctfmon.exe' 

Step 3: Right click and pin it to start menu.

This fixed my issue and now im able to work with xd with no issues.

NOTE: To permanently fix this issue, you should also add an entry of this program to startup so that it can start itself with Windows. To add the ctfmon.exe app to startup, follow these steps:

1. Press "WIN+R" key combination to launch RUN dialog box then type regedit and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.

2. Now go to following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

3. In right-side pane, create a new String with the name ctfmon and set its value to C:\Windows\System32\ctfmon.exe

4. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, the app will keep running in background and you'll no longer face this annoying keyboard input problem in Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running windows 10 usb drive on mac (early 2011 - intel based). I had this issue after recent security updates a few days ago. Not only XD, but also none of my windows default GUI apps like explorer, start, setting were accepting any keys except the control, start, shift, alt and enter.

After hours of  trials and errors, found this solution that worked like a charm! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That didnt work for me. Im using Windows 11. Is that why its not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Please share a few more details like:

1.  The version of XD.
  2. Is this happening only with Adobe XD or with other Adobe applications as well?
  3. Are you using a wired keyboard or a wireless keyboard?

We're here to help, just need more information.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are amazing. The solution is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Superb broand thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2023 outside, people, and I still have this issue. Adobe XD randomly stops to write the letters that I type. And once this bug appears, it just simply stops your work process. To fix it temporarily I open another XD file and type there something. After that, I come back to the file with the bug, and the typing starts working. 

How to fix this bug permanently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Valentina5E5E ,

We're so sorry for the trouble. Let me assure you I'll share your feedback with the team. When this happens, you can also try toggling from XD using Alt+ Tab or Command + Tab.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me! (I am not tech savvy). I went into my task manager and cleared out all tasks except for "Adobe XD" under the Adobe XD tab and it started to work again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines