Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard triggers randomly remapping in Prototype mode

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Morning all,

I've encountered a nasty issue on the latest version of XD (June 20.0.12.10).  Keyboard triggers are being overwritten randomly when selecting elements in Prototype mode.  I've copied some text over from the issue I've raised on User Voice but the issue is as follows:

I wire up some elements to artboards, assigning them a keyboard trigger.  While in prototype mode I then randomly select each element, by double clicking on them, to find that the triggers keys have changed.  Its as if XD is copying the trigger key from one element to another without user input.

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/37958326-prototype-triggers-ra...

I've provided a video in the issue and the bug manifests itself at 00:01:00.  On Artboard 2 an element (circle) was assigned the Enter key and another element (left polygon) was assigned the Left Arrow key.  When I double click the left polygon the key trigger has changed from the Left Arrow key to the Enter key.  All I did was select elements in prototype mode and it has now broken the flow

I had no issues with this prior to the June update.  I'm stopping myself from editing existing documents as I'm worried the triggers will break.

Is anybody else seeing this issue?

XD Version 20.0.12.10

Windows 10 Pro V1803

OS Build 17134.858

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ScottInview,

Thank your sharing your feedback on UserVoice. I have forwarded this to the related team. We'll get back to you in case we need any other information. Please stay tuned to your UserVoice thread.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update.

I'm sure, but not 100%, that this is also occurring on Tap Triggers also (i've reverted back to these instead of Keyboard Triggers).  I wired up some interactions only for them to be lost after I made some more changes.

I've lost all confidence on how prototypes are wired up.  I'm having to check and re-check that the wires are still there, which is not as easy not as the wire display on artboard selection has been removed (Prototype screen links invisible - Urgent fix please! )

Hopefully this can all be fixed.  Keep up the good work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines