• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lag time on Adobe XD versions for international users?

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - I am collaborating with a designer in Belarus. We work for the same company and have enterprise accounts. I have noticed that the latest version of Adobe XD is not available to him at the same time it is available to me, resulting in his inability to work on files that I have created in a newer version. Is there a standard lag time for international updates? Should I just expect to have to wait a few days in order for him to catch up every time Adobe XD gets updated? It is incredibly frustrating, and results in major work delays when he is unable to coedit with me. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

There isn't a standard lag time for international updates; we roll out worldwide at the same time. However, the Creative Cloud Desktop app only checks for updates once a day, so you could be hitting that gap. Your designer in Belarus should go to the Updates tab on the left side, the ... button in the upper right, and select "Check for updates." That should force the application to look for the latest version of XD for him to install. Please let us know if this doesn't work for him!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please check if any pending updates are showing in the creative cloud desktop app under the Updates section. 

Also, check if AdobeUpdater.Overrides file is available under the following locations:

macOS:
/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0/AdobeUpdater.Overrides
Windows 10:
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\ProgramData\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\UpdaterResources

If yes, which means the IT team managing the updates and the user has to contact them to update the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither of us have that folder on our Macs, and the IT team says that they do not manage the updates. I am seeing version 37.1.32  in my creative cloud account, but the latest version he is seeing is 36.1.32. Is there a regional delay on updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a standard lag time for international updates; we roll out worldwide at the same time. However, the Creative Cloud Desktop app only checks for updates once a day, so you could be hitting that gap. Your designer in Belarus should go to the Updates tab on the left side, the ... button in the upper right, and select "Check for updates." That should force the application to look for the latest version of XD for him to install. Please let us know if this doesn't work for him!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That didn't work for him, unfortunately. He was able to access the latest version by logging out of his enterprise account and logging into his personal account. We are working with our IT to determine if there is some issue with his enterprise account that would prevent him from getting updates at the same time as the rest of the team. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are collaborating so tightly I recommend you both choose when to upgrade, and do it at an agreed time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines