• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Larger File Size won't open and crashes Adobe XD

Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2020 Jun 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working in a file that has multiple boards with many Adobe Stock Illustrator vector graphics placed into XD which have meshes and blends. These files when imported default to extensively large files with 100+ layers for each level of blended %. The files have become large but were saving until today when the file crashed the program. I cannot open the file, 1.03 GB which takes a full minute to complete the bar before crashing. Here is what I've tried and failed:
1- Uninstalled XD, rebooted and installed again on iMac, OS High Sierra, 10.13.3, 32GB 1600 MHz, DDR3, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7. 
2- Logged out and back into Adobe. 

3- Opened older versions of the file from Time Machine, still large, but not opening.

4- Made copy from backup Dropbox file, renamed before opening.

5- Failed in same way on Macbook Pro, which is macOS Catalina, 10.15.5, (updated today during troubleshooting), 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4.
6- Logged out/back into Adobe on Macbook.

7- Tried opening multiple copies. Will only open files smaller than before. 
Also having enormous issue with SVG exports to Zeplin which they are working on. I believe it is tied to the large vector layers rendering the long shadows created by Adobe Stock illustrators in Adobe Illustrator and placed into XD. I'll open a separate ticket for this but all of this is occuring in same client files. 
Appreciate your help. After 5 hours of failed effort, I'm rebuilding the files tonight. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melanie,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Will it be possible for you to share the file with us so that we can check this on our end? If yes, you can add the file to DropBox or any other cloud storage and share the link with us either here or you can send it privately to me by clicking on my name. Also, please confirm if it is a cloud document or a local document.

Note: Please add this discussion link in the subject if sending the file through a private message.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can. It's definitely tied to the placed Adobe Illustrator graphic with complex vector blends and meshes. When re-building the files last night, once I placed the image again into XD, the size dramatically jumped. Deleted it quickly. I rebuilt the artwork completely in XD to avoid troubles. This is a recurring issue importing graphics from Adobe Stock Illustrator images that include long shadow blends, Soft UI techniques and meshes. As mentioned, Zeplin is troubleshootin the SVG export with me now on another similar file. 
Will send shortly. Thanks for your help in resolving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the file, Melanie. I have sent you a DM, please check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines