Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Xd updates and windows problem.

Participant ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

It's second time when I need to uninstall Xd. After update I need to remove it from my computer, and install it again, loosing all plugins, default settings, and recent documents on welcome screen. Problem is that I see blank screen when Xd starts. Few seconds and it's closing.

Last update few weeks ago was the same problem. One hour ago I made new update and I have the same problem.

Only sollution is to re-install Xd but it's not a first time, and it is not a good sollution. Second update, same problem.

What is going on Adobe?

I am using WIN 10, 64bit system.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Not a Microsoft Visual C++ package problem.  I just posted my solution in another message of this thread.

There is an issue with the file downloaded directly from the website: Adobe Creative Cloud

Installing a fresh copy from WITHIN THE DESKTOP  Creative Cloud app works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryan,

We apologize for the frustration. We understand it could be annoying. We will try our best to help you with this. We'd suggest trying the solutions in this help article: Adobe XD launches into a white screen on Windows and restarts your machine after trying solution 1.

If that doesn't work, could you please share the XD version of your machine?

Let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Miss I also face this issue I try and try last 5 days every time xd error update window version 1703. My PC fully updated but this issue can't resolve why why why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reiterating Harshika's request: Can you confirm that you are on the latest version of Adobe XD (20.2)?

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I always have Xd updated. Now I amde another update and have the same problem 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bryan,

I understand that it could be annoying to get the same problem again and again. The team is already aware of this behavior and is working on it to make improvements in the future. I'd request you restart the computer first and then try to launch XD. If that doesn't work, please try the solutions from the help document mentioned in my previous post and let us know if that helps.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying this solutiuons: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html but...

Sollution 1. - I already have this settings

Sollution 2.  - Did not helps me

Sollution 3. - Doesn't exist in my registry.

Sollution 4. Look similar like simple uninstall, and install again.

Only one way is to

1. uninstall XD

2. Restart computer

3. install it again

But unfortunately you will lost your plugins and default settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, Bryan. However, this is the default behavior for windows. I'd request you to please try to reinstall the Adobe XD and let us know if you're able to launch XD.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I believe there is something WRONG with the file listed for download on your website. I tried that file twice and it failed to load for both install attempts.  The steps below worked for me this time.

1. Uninstall Adobe XD, but leave Creative Cloud installed (make sure you're logged in properly)
  2. Restart computer
  3. Verify Adobe XD no longer on computer and is NOT running (NOTE: Creative Cloud is installed and running fine)
  4. Install new version of Adobe XD (using the Creative Cloud Win10 Desktop app)
  5. New installation works fine.  Opens fine from the Creative Cloud app, Start menu item, pinned Taskbar item, desktop shortcut.

SO.....perhaps your web guys need to check links????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The referenced article is very much out of date.

( https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/kb/adobeXD-launches-into-white-screen-on-windows.html )

On July 23, 2019 - I downloaded and installed the latest Adobe XD & Creative Cloud. It was installed on a fresh installation of Windows 10 (10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763 with all possible updates applied). I verified all graphics drivers were the latest and met minimums required. I verified all dll's mentioned in the article were configured properly. The referenced Registry Key does not exist (should we create it?). Looking at feedback on this article (in this thread) uninstalling my Visual C++ libraries will be a waste of time.

OS Name:               Microsoft Windows 10 Home
OS Version:            10.0.17763 N/A Build 17763

Faulting application name: XD.exe, version: 21.1.12.3

Faulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.17763.292

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x00000000000bd588

Faulting process id: 0x2490

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_21.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte\XD.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\twinapi.appcore.dll

Faulting package full name: Adobe.CC.XD_21.1.12.3_x64__adky2gkssdxte

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Turbo,

Thank you for sharing the details and trying the troubleshooting steps. We did receive cases for the same. However, the issue got resolved by updating the Visual C++ packages. Could you please confirm if you've updated the VC++ package?

Please let us know if you've any issues with this. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a Microsoft Visual C++ package problem.  I just posted my solution in another message of this thread.

There is an issue with the file downloaded directly from the website: Adobe Creative Cloud

Installing a fresh copy from WITHIN THE DESKTOP  Creative Cloud app works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you're back on track. Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you. This will definitely help our users to fix the issue. Thank you for sharing the feedback regarding the file. I will surely check the issue with the file.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Harshika said, you can reach out to our tech support team directly Contact Customer Care to see if there is a more permanent solution for the issues that you are facing.https://wiki.corp.adobe.com/display/cxcchl/Clicktale+Requests

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines