• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layer Panel randomly stops redrawing its contents

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For months now I have been facing an issue with the Layer panel not redrawing following user action. So far this was very sporadic and came up after many hours of use (similarly how symbols within the UI of XD can get messed up after many hours, seemingly from some kind of mapping mismatch from whatever sprite sheet is used by XD) and resolved itself after XD restart, but in the past few days, this happens to me almost immediately.

In short - the Layers panel is "frozen" in time - I can still scroll it, but selecting an object on the artboard does not cause the Layer panel to select it. Object name changes are not reflected in the panel, and I have to click several times there for an update to occur. It just looks like whatever function is there for the contents of the panel to redraw following some change, it does not get triggered, and the contents displayed in the panel lag behind the actual state of the file. This is makes work practically impossible.

I am running the latest version of XD (37.0.32.10)

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Thanks. I've used the tool as you advised, but funnily enough, after doing all the steps thoroughly the tool DIDN'T remove XD at all (except from the CC app) - I had to uninstall it manually through Windows (since CC at that point assumed the app removed and only offered to install). No matter.

The problem in the last 24 hours has again started happening less often, so I can't reproduce the issue immediately. I will observe if a reinstall has helped though. Hopefully, this is the last I've seen o

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we're sorry you're having trouble with Adobe XD. Does this problem occur with a specific file or with all files? Also, could you post a short video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As far as I can tell, this is happening in any file. I'm not 100% sure, but after some use, I think it's related to components nested in other components, I think the issue starts occurring when I try to edit such a nested component.

Here's a video attached

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for giving us more information and for attaching the video as requested. I've tried on several files to replicate your problem with both nested components and simple layers, but it seems to work perfectly. Would you mind reinstalling adobe XD again? I recommend that you use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to uninstall the software, in this way you will also delete any corrupt files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've used the tool as you advised, but funnily enough, after doing all the steps thoroughly the tool DIDN'T remove XD at all (except from the CC app) - I had to uninstall it manually through Windows (since CC at that point assumed the app removed and only offered to install). No matter.

The problem in the last 24 hours has again started happening less often, so I can't reproduce the issue immediately. I will observe if a reinstall has helped though. Hopefully, this is the last I've seen of this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thanks again for the info. I recommend that you monitor the situation again and, in case there are any updates, contact us. We will see together how to solve this annoying problem 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines