Highlighted

layor lock button change ctrl + 2 (same illustrator)

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i am korea web app designer

i use post illustrator > now xd

i hope layor lock button change

ctrl + l 

very very wrist sick TT 

plz change 

thank~

KakaoTalk_20191229_133404985_01.jpgKakaoTalk_20191229_133404985_02.jpgKakaoTalk_20191229_133404985_03.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter_Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

Apart from the meaning of the second and third photo, I understand that you're not finger-happy with the current keyboard shortcut Ctrl/Cmd L for Locking elements in Adobe XD being too far apart from eachother for quick and regular usage, in contrast to the Ctrl/Cmd 2 in e.g. Adobe Illustrator.

In assiging keys to functions, it's always a struggle between consistent vs exclusive, more vs less accessible, old and routined users vs new and beginning users. What is possible (taking system keys into account), and what makes sense to whom ? And there are never enough keys available, so the developers will always be disappointing some users...

With Adobe XD's odd and unusual shortcut key set for zooming in and out (also compared to many other Adobe applications), I'm afraid your wish won't be granted. So your best hopes are for some future feature to define your own keyboard shortcuts: 

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12929127-customize-keyboard-shortcuts?

Topics

Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

layor lock button change ctrl + 2 (same illustrator)

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i am korea web app designer

i use post illustrator > now xd

i hope layor lock button change

ctrl + l 

very very wrist sick TT 

plz change 

thank~

KakaoTalk_20191229_133404985_01.jpgKakaoTalk_20191229_133404985_02.jpgKakaoTalk_20191229_133404985_03.jpg

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Peter_Villevoye | Adobe Community Professional

Apart from the meaning of the second and third photo, I understand that you're not finger-happy with the current keyboard shortcut Ctrl/Cmd L for Locking elements in Adobe XD being too far apart from eachother for quick and regular usage, in contrast to the Ctrl/Cmd 2 in e.g. Adobe Illustrator.

In assiging keys to functions, it's always a struggle between consistent vs exclusive, more vs less accessible, old and routined users vs new and beginning users. What is possible (taking system keys into account), and what makes sense to whom ? And there are never enough keys available, so the developers will always be disappointing some users...

With Adobe XD's odd and unusual shortcut key set for zooming in and out (also compared to many other Adobe applications), I'm afraid your wish won't be granted. So your best hopes are for some future feature to define your own keyboard shortcuts: 

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12929127-customize-keyboard-shortcuts?

Topics

Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/12929127-customize...?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines