• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layout Grid: Turn Off For Some Artboards

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have seen a designer on YouTube turn on and off the layout grid for different artboards in an XD file. I am currently working with the three artboards and seem to only be able to make a global decision on the layout grid. 

Here's what I want to do:

- Have a style guide artboard that does not have a layout grid visible

- Have design pages that do have the layoutgrid visible

Here's what's happening:

- Turn on layout grid and it appears on all artboards in the file

- Select a single artboard and layout grid turns off for all artboards

How do I turn the layout grid on or off separately for artboards in the same file?

Thanks!

Layout Grid in Adobe.png

TOPICS
Design , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. As per the design, when you turn on the grid(layout/square) view it should turn on for all the artboards, not for the selected one. Could you please share the links of the tutorials where it shows that the grid is applied to the selected artboard?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I also have seen this done on a tutorial. 3 Artboard in one file and only one is turned off. Did an older version do this? There are some features that seem to have been better prior to the updates. In Character Styles, also it appears you could rename the styles to Title, Heading, Body etc. before but now it is not able to be renamed. This isn't good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar problem. My layout grid is suddenly only appearing on SOME artboards, not all of them. How do I fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines