• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library sharing - use but not edit + updating of components

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting increasingly frustrated.  I have sorted out the library issue on windows 10 using some power shell command, great.  However, now I have some other problems I am hoping you can help with.

I have a XD document, created lots of components and published as a library.

Issue 1

I now want to share that library with lots of people in an organisation to view and USE the components in an XD document. I notice when I shared via email the user then had access to the components in his document. He had the 'edit main in source document' which was worrying as I dont' want him updating those components in the source, but it didn't do anything when he clicked it. Id expect this to be disabled somehow UI visuallay.  My main issue is that I want to give access via a link as it is a much wider audience.  He was able to follow the library but it never turned up in the components section to use it.

Issue 2

When sharing via email as mentioned above, I changed a component (button in this case) to green.  The button appeared green in his assets panel, however when he dragged the component on it iwas still blue. and all the other components were blue. Id have expected them all to update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that it is version 35.0.12.14, Creative Cloud Sync 4.3.61.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind telling us if you're still experiencing the issue on XD 35.1 version? 

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have the problem.  I had a load of assets in an adobe XD file.  I then created a library of them which I can see in my createive cloud app.  The share options are I have are via email ( I can't do this as the organisation I want to share with a dynamic and growing )

The other option it gives is shown in the image below.  It has option to produce a link.. great, however it has allow follow ( whatever that means ) and allow save to creative cloud, which I assume means they can take a copy and save it to their own cloud.

matthewd61941389_0-1606847504807.png

What I want to do is develop my components and save them in my cloud, share a link with individuals that then allows them to 'use' my assets in their projects and press the button to get updates whenever I push them to the cloud.  They should not be able to edit the main component in my cloud document though.

This may not be functionality but I think it is a massive use case.  I have tried follow and save to creative cloud but they don't do what I want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines