Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library update not working

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with the 37.1.32.2 version.
Right now, after creating a library from a design system file, the new components I'm creating do not seem to upload. The update banner, badge and button keep appearing and pressing the update button does not change anything, it only attempts to load and then nothing. I tried to delete and upload the library again with all the new components, but it doesn't load them. Also, searching for those new components from other documents gives 0 results. 
¿Is there a way to solve this?
Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Design , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind telling us if it's happening with all the libraries or with this specific library? Have you tried signing out XD, Creative Cloud Desktop, Quit all the Adobe processes from the activity monitor/task manager, restart the machine and then sign back in and try again?

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update notification

I have the same problem, although it doesen't apear on all files. The notification to update the library appears again and again.

More problems with library

We are working on a lager project, this week I copied all files from the agency to my in internal account. I have proceeded as following:

• Copied files localy
  • Uploaded them to my account to the cloud
  • Created the libraries
  • Added libraries

I have several problems:

1. I need to creat a library for every file, I prefer to have only one library for consistency. Having a master library and the file library does not make sence to me.
  2. The components do not reference to the new library, they reference to the one the agency created. So I have to recreate all 200 pages, so I can profit from the power of components.
  3. I wanted to share my screens with developers and give them the right to download items. After 57% adobe seems to be stuck. I have to close the file in order to continue my work.

Adobe XD seems to work well with simple projects, but not more complex applications. We are now looking into other tools, as Adobe XD does not provide the basic functions we would need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When saving cloud docs locally and copying them to a new account, the Components keep the same internal ids, so that's why they still reference the old library. Try the following:

For each "Copied files locally" file, open in XD, select all Components that you want in new Library, and then Copy. Create a new cloud doc named what you want to call your new Library, then Paste. All of the Components should be Linked to the local file. For each Linked Component in Assets Panel, right-click > Make Local (which generates new internal ids). You should be able to mutli-select to do a bunch at a time to save time. Finally, Publish new Library.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines