Highlighted

Linked Assets seem to be confused about source file

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with an aspect of the Linked Assets feature. When I created my first "Style Guide" for one of our products it works great as far as linking the assets. I then duplicated this file, changed the colours for another of our products, but when I link to this new file I'm always getting the notification that I have over 20 updates to be made. When I hover over one of the assets (usually a colour or a Character style) the settings change to the original asset file but the text on the little link icon says it is pointing to the correct file. These are cloud files so I'm not sure how to share them with you without saving them locally on my machine or having an email address to share it with. Any help would be appreciated before I resort to manually rebuilding the second asset file.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Linked Assets seem to be confused about source file

Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having problems with an aspect of the Linked Assets feature. When I created my first "Style Guide" for one of our products it works great as far as linking the assets. I then duplicated this file, changed the colours for another of our products, but when I link to this new file I'm always getting the notification that I have over 20 updates to be made. When I hover over one of the assets (usually a colour or a Character style) the settings change to the original asset file but the text on the little link icon says it is pointing to the correct file. These are cloud files so I'm not sure how to share them with you without saving them locally on my machine or having an email address to share it with. Any help would be appreciated before I resort to manually rebuilding the second asset file.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 21, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not quite sure as to what exactly you did based on the information provided. Because it looks urgent, I suggest getting in touch with us using this link https://adobe.ly/2WYE62m Use the chat button to get started.

From what I understand, it looks like an error with your workflow, but if I am wrong, the support team can log a bug on your behalf. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 22, 2019 0
Sarah-RC LATEST
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a recent update to XD may have fixed the problem, or something I did. Since making this post and about to reach out to your customer service agent I wasnt able to reproduce the issue to show them. If it happens again though I will contact you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 29, 2019 0