Highlighted

Linked component is not converting to local component in XD.

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported some components from a file with similar specs, but want to convert them to local ones so that I can make changes to masters which do not affect the originals.

When I have only one component selected I for some reason do not even see the option to convert, and when I select more than one, the option is there, but the "make local" functionality simply fails without any errors.

Is this a known bug? are there workarounds that do not include deleting the components and starting over?

P.S. I am using the latest released app - according to my CC app, XD is fully up to date

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Desktop, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Linked component is not converting to local component in XD.

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I imported some components from a file with similar specs, but want to convert them to local ones so that I can make changes to masters which do not affect the originals.

When I have only one component selected I for some reason do not even see the option to convert, and when I select more than one, the option is there, but the "make local" functionality simply fails without any errors.

Is this a known bug? are there workarounds that do not include deleting the components and starting over?

P.S. I am using the latest released app - according to my CC app, XD is fully up to date

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

TOPICS
Desktop, Error, Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 17, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. We have seen a similar request has been raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353010-adobe-xd-bugs/suggestions/37646899-local-component 

Could you please try the solution mentioned in the above link? and let us know if that helps. We would be happy.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 17, 2019 0