Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

linking object/elements on same artboard or within artboard

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been struggling to link elemets in same artboard. e.g: on graph if I want to show tooltip on click of coordinates.

creating arboard everytime for each elements linking is very tedious. if this feature in not there in XD, adobe need to think from usability perspective. other tools, like Axure and Sketch gives these features. 

can anyone help me here how to do this linking within artboard?

graph.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Here's a link to the Adobe help that describes how states work within components. You can find plenty of other tutrorials as well. https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-component-states.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't completely understand what you're trying to do however you may want to try using Components. With a Component, you can create multiple states that reside on the same artboard but have different appearances depending on which object you tap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

what I am trying to do is linking the dot on the graph to the tooptip above it in the same artboard.

do you have solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, so when you tap on the dot, the tooltip appears? Like this? I'm happy to share the file with you if you'd like.

https://adobe.ly/2qQ7blU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cheers! exactly, there you go. 

Solution please 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ironically I can only share this file with you directly to your email via Creative Cloud. So I put it on Google Drive. Here's the link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NzQXeB6TOUSv5kjbXExeM270KoSYcDnM/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a ton Chad,

if you can mail me the step, it would definitely help me and my other colleagues for future projects.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a link to the Adobe help that describes how states work within components. You can find plenty of other tutrorials as well. https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/help/create-component-states.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GR8! Chad,

It's very helpful, I got through it now. 🙂 

I am so very relaxed, no need to make extra artboards for these small animations... Yiepee.. YO!

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chad,

please check the link below

https://xd.adobe.com/view/3dd4b4be-9a74-4078-6686-56ec5a5f12db-4be5/?fullscreen

for

1. values on dots
  2. previous and next arrows
  3. DQ01 and DQ02 tabs

let me know your opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks great. It seems like you're only navigating to DQ01 and DQ02. Should it keep going to DQ03 and DQ04 etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, but for demo purpose, I just made these 2 tabs clickable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines