• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links in prototype mode going to wrong pages in XD preview.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2017 Nov 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am learning XD (and loving it, btw). Yesterday on a series of test files, linking between pages in the prototyping stage worked well and was error-free.

Today, in a new series test files, many (but not all) of my prototype links go to the wrong pages. For example, I connect the blue line from a button in page "c" to page "d", and in preview mode it goes to page "a" instead.

I have checked the links a dozen times. I saved the file multiple times and rechecked. I closed and reopened XD and checked. I undid the links, so the buttons were linking nowhere, to nothing at all, but in preview they were still "live" and linked back to page "a". Even though the linking functionality had been removed and they connected to nothing.

I tried removing the blue link overlay thing on the buttons altogether, but that just deletes the whole button element within the design. And I have no interest in rebuilding those.

None of these button design elements overlap.There is significant space between them and I know I'm not mistakenly clicking on another element close by.

Any insight into how to fix this much appreciated!

Thanks,

Julia

<The title was edited by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Resolved with Adobe offline: removing a drop shadow on one element did the trick. Apparently the drop shadow is included with the whole live area that is linked, and a large, faint drop shadow on the HOME button was imperceptibly overlapping the other buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: the buggy links are buggy in Prototype Preview and in Device Preview. Whereas in Online Preview, they are missing altogether. The buttons that have buggy links in Prototype and Device Preview, i.e. that go to the wrong pages, those same buttons are not interactive at all when previewing online in a browser.

Somehow these particular buttons got "infected" with something that's stuck in there and I can't get out. I am starting to wonder if my only option is to delete them and rebuild them.

Curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really strange. Sorry that this is happening.

Are you on Mac or Windows? Would you be able to share a file that has an example of this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stuart, I'd be happy to share the file. How would you like me to share it? The XD file is too large to upload here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sent you a PM with details!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved with Adobe offline: removing a drop shadow on one element did the trick. Apparently the drop shadow is included with the whole live area that is linked, and a large, faint drop shadow on the HOME button was imperceptibly overlapping the other buttons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You’re welcome.

I am gathering a list of other feedback, mostly about the UX experience of using XD. What’s the best way to share that?

- Julia

<http://gardcommunications.com/>ADVERTISING | PUBLIC RELATIONS | PUBLIC AFFAIRS

Julia Stoops, Director of Web & Digital

Direct: 503.552.5075 | Main: 503.221.0100 | gardcommunications.com <http://gardcommunications.com/>

1140 SW 11th Ave, Third Floor, Portland, Oregon 97205

If you received this by mistake, please let us know so we can make sure it gets to

the right person. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@juliasx99 feel free to share it it with me at the email address I gave you, and I can forward it on to the team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2019 Oct 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've faced the same issue during linking different artboards. I don't know why it's happening. I've tried many times with relinking the prototypes. Even I've tried restarting XD. But no use with that. Frist time I am facing an issue with Adobe Product. And I am very dissapointed with that. I was working for a project and I could'nt complete the project by that day. I am running on Version 22.1.12.5 (Starter). Hope Adobe will fix this issue soon.

Regards,

Amal Johny

UI/UX Designer

Bangalore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've found what was the issue with me to taking to the wrong page. Once we applied the drap option in an artboard and if we applied any other options such as Transition, overlay, etc. it wont give what we are expecting. It'll take us to the current page itself.

Regards

Amal Johny

UI/UX Designer

Bangalore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the solution that worked for you, Amal. However, i noticed that you mentioned that you're working on the XD version (22.1). We would suggest to work on the latest version (22.7.12.3) of XD to get the best experience of the product.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the consideration! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines