• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links not included when artboards are copied

Advisor ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I copy artboards from one open XD document to another all my links are lost. I have links between artboards from a global menu and none of them are intact.

W10.

XD 30.1.12.4

TOPICS
Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. If I get it, you are talking about copying the interactions between the objects and artboards? If yes, please ensure you are copying the interaction while you are in Prototype mode. If that's not what you are trying to do, will it be possible for you to share a small video of what exactly is happening at your end? We'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned Im trying to copy artboards from a document to another document. When I do that the links between artboard are all lost in the copy. In other words I only get the artboards but not the links. It doesn't change anything to copy in prototype mode or design mode, it's the same outcome. This has been an angoing problem with XD, I remember reporting on this years ago as well. The problems seem to return again and again, specially after the so called upgrades. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can still do that, please copy the artboards from the Prototype mode on document A and then paste it Prototype mode in the document B. If you will copy the artboard from Prototype mode and paste it in Design mode then the interactions will not be copied however pasting in Prototype mode works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. As mentioned it doesn't change anything to copy artboards in prototype mode and paste it onto a new document in prototype mode. No matter what mode I'm in the links are still lost. Please inform the deveopment team in XD about this bug, its getting very old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for trying. I can definitely escalate this for you, I just need few more details as it seems to work on my end and I am using XD  30.2.12.3 on Windows 10. Will it be possible for you to share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening at your end? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines