• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

live preview not working win -> iphone

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea, why can't I get Xd live preview to work from windows to my iphone?

The message is "Open an XD document on your desktop. Using a usb, connect to your iOS device" No matter what I do.

My iphone 6 is up to date also Xd ( didn’t work with earlier wersion also). Tried with 4 different cabels. Itunes is installed on windows....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Very weird.

I have been trying to get the live preview to work for several times. As I said, I got  live preview to work after your first post and then I opened Xd doc which was saved on my computer (not in cloud documents).

Now I tried once again to use live preview mode to cloud document and now it works...

I don't know what to think.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a published file? Can you see the document by accessing Cloud Documents through your Files tab in your Creative Cloud Manager.

Is your Creative Cloud Manager up to date - Release notes for the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app

The most current versions for Xd / CCM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was shared and saved in cloud. Indeed this file wasn't saved in Creative Cloud files in my computer, when I saved it, I can see live preview.

So it means I can't use live preview with documents saved to cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where the issue may be... I've just confirmed that my iPad and iPhone Xd app will open files saved to the Cloud Documents tab without using a USB cable. Live Preview works as well. Although if you are using specialty fonts that will cause a problem.

Can you try to power cycle your device and check the app again? Are there any updates pending?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very weird.

I have been trying to get the live preview to work for several times. As I said, I got  live preview to work after your first post and then I opened Xd doc which was saved on my computer (not in cloud documents).

Now I tried once again to use live preview mode to cloud document and now it works...

I don't know what to think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it happens again let us know what behavior you see when it doesn't work. If you get an error message or a blank screen or a black screen etc. that will help to figure out what the issue might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines