• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loading a XD file stuck loading forever

Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im loading a file from my computer and it gets stuck at the end.

This occurs only after using the app for awhile and want to load a 2nd file. First file after launch always seems to work. Never happened before and been using for months now.

Seem issue is old from this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/get-stuck-when-open-file-in-adobe-xd/td-p/9889591?page=1

But no clear solution or reason for this to happen.

The computer is a pretty strong one and all my other apps work fine. I can run a million tabs so so I know it isn't my hardware.

Only way to get around this is to shutdown XD and load the first file as my wanted file. Pretty much can only have one file open at a time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Have discovered that the complexity of the file may have something to do with this problem.

File size was about 40 meg but started getting these problems around 20-30 megs which is big for a cloud file transfer i imagine.

The issue ends up messing with the XD interface so that things like hover states are inaccessible and tool icons are missing.

Unfortunately, the issue returned and there isn't a work around besides starting again and keeping the size low.

So for anyone having these issues, just re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

At least we are not alone. Thanks for the info, i found also if i load couple of quickly it can work but if i wait the cloud disconnect will set it and its game over.

For your information, i basically started over with fresh doc. Seems issue has came up less recently after starting over (took a long time redoing work) but a couple of docs will without fail cause this cloud disconnect problem.

Starting over sucks but seems to work, complexity of file and interconnected components from other docs i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the issue is related to using local files. If anyone has this same issue just don't open files from your computer XD won't communicate to cloud docs anymore and you won't be able to even open any files.

I originally moved to local because saving files to cloud seemed to take longer but actually,Open from your computer.JPG it made life worse as i couldn't open files anymore.

Only use cloud docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some time Task Manager shows that Adobe Xd is running at background. Check Task Manager to see how copies of Xd are in process and kill additional one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a good look at the task manager, it wasn't running hot. It has related to local files, if you open local it will screw the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have discovered that the complexity of the file may have something to do with this problem.

File size was about 40 meg but started getting these problems around 20-30 megs which is big for a cloud file transfer i imagine.

The issue ends up messing with the XD interface so that things like hover states are inaccessible and tool icons are missing.

Unfortunately, the issue returned and there isn't a work around besides starting again and keeping the size low.

So for anyone having these issues, just reduce filesize and reduce complexity of the doc is my guess so solve this. It may have something to do with Adobe cloud cutting of high-bandwidth users and the cutoff is about 40 mb.large file-size.JPG

Can even see in the screenshot above that some files filed to even save locally with zero mb file sizes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there! This isn't expected behavior - we support documents that are much larger than this. One thing that might be happening is that you might have an issue with your sync process - does a reboot resolve things for you at all? If not, we should get you connected with one of our customer support agents to troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elainecc,

Yes, even after restarting PC it occures. As mentioned above, restarting XD (not computer) will termpoarily fix the issue so that i can work for a small amount of time but without fail it will bug up and become impossible to open new files, will slow down and block some of the XD interface so its hard to work.

Could you please get me intouch with someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually getting this disonnected from cloud issue pretty regularly now, even for smaller filesizes. Is there a way to get help from customer support, as halting work flow drastically.

See image attached.

disconnected from cloud.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Is it possible for you to share the Adobe ID, phone number and location with me over a private message so that I can escalate the issue to the team for investigation? For immediate assistance, you may also get in touch with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html 

We'll try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have private messaged you the info, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HARSHIKA_VERMA,

Another day, another cloud disconnect issue. (see screenshot below).

I'm using one of the fastest internet speeds in the world so not sure how its getting disconnected.

The major issue im finding is not that i have to restart but that if I restart to will the file be lost and the hours worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has still been happening to me too! Super frustrating as it basically limits me to open one file at a time. Another possible workaround I just experienced is selecting the docs I need together and right click > open on the first load. I successfully opened 3 large files at once. Once I have launched a file for the first time, loading additional files does appear to be related to the complexitity and file size. I cannot open any other large files. It just sits there stuck on the loading bar. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least we are not alone. Thanks for the info, i found also if i load couple of quickly it can work but if i wait the cloud disconnect will set it and its game over.

For your information, i basically started over with fresh doc. Seems issue has came up less recently after starting over (took a long time redoing work) but a couple of docs will without fail cause this cloud disconnect problem.

Starting over sucks but seems to work, complexity of file and interconnected components from other docs i think is a big reason for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each version brings its share of regressions, instabilities, it becomes really painful for a professional solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear you're experiencing issues while using XD. Would you mind elaborating the issues you're experiencing so that we can investigate on it and escalate it to the team?

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/loading-a-xd-file-stuck-loading-forever/m-p/11604667?page=1#...

Above thread im pretty sure is same issue, multiple people are saying the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a note for any Adobe Employees looking at this, i've been having this problem for about 6 months now.

Super frustrating and is getting problematic enough to consider switching applications. Having all of the same issues reported in this thread as other users, but only being able to have 1 file open at a time is the most frustrating thing. Trying to copy element from a file to another is impossible as you can't even open an empty file inbetween to copy things into.

Seriously needs attention as it's making XD unusable for business

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

We're so sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please share your contact details like your Adobe ID, Phone number, and a suitable time to contact you, so that we can get in touch with you to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please share these details through DM by clicking on my name.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Completly true.
Can't use Adobe Xd like this.
Seriously considering Figma or Sketch as alternatives to files freezing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happens to me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having this same problem for the past few weeks. None of my documents will open and they're all on the Creative Cloud- they simply get stuck loading... I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe xd but nothing works.

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 11.40.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrade your system(windows/macOS etc) and XD to the latest versions.

I had this problem,too. I upgraded my macOS to Big Sur v11.5.2 and Adobe XD to v43.0.12 and then I could open XD files.

Hope this helps others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've been struggling with this for the last couple of hours on a Mac running Monterey 12.3 and the latest XD version 49.0.12. Nothing could open - the loading bar was getting stuck for all of my big working files. 
I've tried many things including running an older version, logging out, deleting files, restarting, until I noticed that my big XD files are stored on Adobe Cloud. Once I downloaded them locally, I could open them right away. I'm pissed that such a simple solution took me 2 hours and 100 open forum tabs, but maybe this helps someone - in my case, the issue is Adobe Cloud crashing, try downloading the file and opening it locally - worked for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2022 May 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines