Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for general info on XD and its uses

Contributor ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm a long time Adobe Suite user mainly for design and print, but i also now build and develop websites for clients too.

So im looking for advice about Adobe XD and what its intended purposes are and how effective people find using it, and whether it is the tool for me.

Currently if im starting a new web project i mock up ideas using InDesign (as this where my main experience lies) and then hand code everything in a text editor such as sublime text/php storm (as i generally build sites with php).

Im looking to speed up or optimise my workflow efficiency and wonder whether or not XD is the way forward, as i have zero XD experience. I hear lots of talk about perhaps using Sketch but as XD is an adobe product i feel compelled to stick with what im used too (and love  #AdobeCC).

My guess is XD is the tool to try and bridge the gap between design and code (or wireframe to finished project) but having never used it its just a guess!.

Any advice or info or suggestions how other people generally streamline their workflow would be greatly welcomed.

All the best

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Andy_Baz,

Thanks for showing interest in XD, from the description I suppose you are looking out for a tool where you can design and prototype (wire) your artworks and show it to your clients before you actually code it.

I must say that Adobe XD is the best tool to cater your request and provide a seamless experience to your clients. It is a one stop solution. Here is some more information about XD: - Get to know Adobe XD, feel free to take a look and let me know in case you need further assistance. I'd be happy to help.

I'd leave this discussion open to community so that people can share there views and experience for this situation.

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

InDesign can generate HTML but XD can't (there are plug-ins but I don't know how good they are), so if you are using InDesign for that purpose then you should stick to it. If you're using InDesign purely for layout, then you may find XD quicker and easier. Also as Atul said XD is a prototyping tool too - you can create a demo that you can share, which InDesign cannot do. XD is very easy to pick up so I'd just try it out if I were you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines