• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Loss of quality when exporting images

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team has come to rely on Xd but this level of pixellation when exporting images is forcing us to look into other programs. (Both of these images are at 1x and have been exported in the method recommended by the Adobe tutorial.) Was there a bug in the latest update that would account for this at all? It seems to have worsened over time.

Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 3.57.36 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Those 2 images are entirely different resolutions (one low and the other much higher) so one was either exported at a higher resolution or it was larger size to begin with.

1x images WILL be pixelated because they are low res. 2x images will not be as pixelated because they are 2x the width and 2x the height (giving them 4x the total number of pixels).

In XD you should be designing at 1x and exporting for Web (Designed at 1x). This will give you 1x and 2x versions of your graphics.

Here's

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I understand how annoying it could be and I am sorry for the frustration. I would suggest checking this article: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703 and see if this makes your experience better.

I will also share the feedback with the team for making improvements in the future.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the quick response @HARSHIKA_VERMA , but that page is giving me a 404.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelsey,

I am sorry for the delay in response and for the incorrect link. Here is the correct link: https://medium.com/thinking-design/protip-exporting-assets-in-adobe-xd-c586996de703

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those 2 images are entirely different resolutions (one low and the other much higher) so one was either exported at a higher resolution or it was larger size to begin with.

1x images WILL be pixelated because they are low res. 2x images will not be as pixelated because they are 2x the width and 2x the height (giving them 4x the total number of pixels).

In XD you should be designing at 1x and exporting for Web (Designed at 1x). This will give you 1x and 2x versions of your graphics.

Here's an article I wrote explaining 1x versus 2x in a general sense (it's not specific to XD, but the concepts can be applied to any app). I hope it helps. https://www.danrodney.com/blog/retina-web-graphics-explained-1x-versus-2x-low-res-versus-hi-res/

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

By @Dan Rodney

Yes, but you seem to be unaware of the fact that x1 export should be exporting what I see in XD since I'm already designing in x1. Instead, when I export at x1 scale, I don't get the same crisp results as in my design file, which is ironic, because it should be 1:1, hence the x1 design and x1 export inconsistency.

I only seem to get the same kind of quality of image, when exporting at x2, downscaling it to x1 (to the same amount of pixels), only then does it retain the quality, without making the images blurry. This is what x1 export should be.

Clearly, when I downscale from x2 to x1, it is able to match what is in my design file at x1 scale, so the issue is that x1 exporting is not working as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines