• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost all my work in my file. Another designer over wrote my cloud file and its history.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in a panic right now. It was two weeks work and all it took was a click - "yes accept the changes from another" (I don't remember exact wording).

It was only a cloud document, I never had a local copy (because that is default behaviour of adobe xd). I shared with file with that designer some time ago. I also have only a free plan, because I never needed anything else. Only place this work is currently saved is within a shared prototype link (which is not even linked to file anymore).

Can this be undone? (Please say yes 😞 )

Edit: probably how this happened is that other designer two weeks ago created a diverging history branch and today his history got caught in cloud. I accepted his history completely losing my work.

<The Title was renamed by moderator>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

A miracle happened. Adobe XD has saved a conflicting copy of the file on my computer in the local deleted files. (That is why probably the person on phone wanted a screenshare session). It does not have history of edits, but it sure has ALL of my artboards. Such a relief. Such joy. It was certainly not straightforward to find it. I hope you bring this feedback to developers on what can be improved, this was way waay too easy to screw up.

I also learned a lesson that important files need to be loc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reiiya,

I am sorry to hear that happened with you. I would feel the same in your situation. We will try our best to help. Would you mind checking the history of the file as mentioned here:https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/revision-history-in-xd-helps-ensure-peace-of-mind-during-col...?

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our support team using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/contact.html so that you can get the immediate assistance on your issue.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already mentioned in original post, file history is completely gone. I checked by hand every single version - that was the first thing I did. I could not believe my own eyes - no traces of my artboards whatsoever.

I did arrange a screen share session on monday so I will let you know how it goes. I tried to communicate that it will be fruitless and this is not sort of help I need anymore - that from my UI file is completely gone, but that did not seem to pass through very well to the person I was talking to. At this point I just wish I got an answer from adobe representative, that there is no magical backup of my file and I should stop cultivating fake hopes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A miracle happened. Adobe XD has saved a conflicting copy of the file on my computer in the local deleted files. (That is why probably the person on phone wanted a screenshare session). It does not have history of edits, but it sure has ALL of my artboards. Such a relief. Such joy. It was certainly not straightforward to find it. I hope you bring this feedback to developers on what can be improved, this was way waay too easy to screw up.

I also learned a lesson that important files need to be locally backed up, no matter what UI suggests me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This whole cloud-based thing is a disaster waiting to happen – no, let me rephrase this: it happened already, with me, with you, and many others. Since Adobe XD assumes closing a cloud based file means the user is happy with their work, they don't warn you enough, they don't offer a Revert option, or let you Undo your recent actions. It's horrible !!

Luckily, you had some rogue file somewhwre which gave you the option to roll back to that one. But don't count on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines