• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Low performance when editing text

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that XD is definitely not made to manipulate text. Sometimes editing a single title or line of text it seems to lose track of what it was doing. You need to switch to another app and come back to XD to get it to continue to edit the text.

Also, when editing large bodies of text (T&C's pages and such), the performance is below optimal. It gets really slow or even freezes. You cannot apply saved styles to a selection, it automatically applies it to the whole text box. It's like surfing the internet with dial up.

Sometimes you're trying to change the style manually from the right panel, just to get XD frozen, or changing your text instead of your text size, for example.

And the ever missing option to justify text. Seriously, this is way more useful than animating paths!

PLEASE ADOBE! Fix XD's text functionality. It's absolutely sad!

TOPICS
Design , Missing feature , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Bernardo,

I am sorry for the frustration while editing text in XD. I will try my best to investigate your issue as I was not able to replicate it ay my end in past. I would like to know few more details like-

• The OS and XD versions of your machine.
  • Have you checked the latest update to your operating system?
  • Is it possible for you to record a video of the workflow of XD freezing while editing text and share with me?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines