• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAJOR ISSUE: resized components with auto height text and padding

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A huge issue with components when opening and closing XD as well as published prototypes.

Finding when I create a component containing a text field set to auto height with padding and then resize it, I find that the text does not retain it's resized width when pubished and also when I close then reopen the XD file.

This is a huge issue as not only does it make the use of resizing a single component useless it also means that my clients have viewed buggy prototypes.

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 10.12.59.png

TOPICS
Design , Prototyping , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details, Oweno. Sorry for the trouble. We'll try to replicate it and we'll let you know if we need additional information from your end. Meanwhile, can you please try Auto-width and fixed size and check if that works for you? 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can switch to a fixed size and set the width of the text box to change on the width of the component but this does not re-size the height automatically if the text drops to two lines.

Auto-width does not work when you change the width of the component as it shrinks the size of the text. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines