Highlighted

Making layout grids is very unintuitive

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a 1200px wide artboard. In it, I want to create a 12-column grid, each 70px wide with 30px wide gutters. Logically, it would fit nicely if the right and left margins are 15px wide, but getting it to my specification is a struggle on its own. With all the input fields available (number of columns, column width, gutter width and margins) it should be intuitive enough, but each time I enter a value, it changes the other values.

Logically, the application shouldn't even have to guess (miserably) what the user are trying to do. It should just accept the input values then center it with in the artboard unless the user chose to offset the margins right or left.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kennethkawamoto2 | Adobe Community Professional

You can set the grid as you specified, but I agree it should be easier. You may want to upvote: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33090772-layout-grid-set-gutter-width-margins-and-colum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Making layout grids is very unintuitive

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a 1200px wide artboard. In it, I want to create a 12-column grid, each 70px wide with 30px wide gutters. Logically, it would fit nicely if the right and left margins are 15px wide, but getting it to my specification is a struggle on its own. With all the input fields available (number of columns, column width, gutter width and margins) it should be intuitive enough, but each time I enter a value, it changes the other values.

Logically, the application shouldn't even have to guess (miserably) what the user are trying to do. It should just accept the input values then center it with in the artboard unless the user chose to offset the margins right or left.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by kennethkawamoto2 | Adobe Community Professional

You can set the grid as you specified, but I agree it should be easier. You may want to upvote: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33090772-layout-grid-set-gutter-width-margins-and-colum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can set the grid as you specified, but I agree it should be easier. You may want to upvote: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/33090772-layout-gr...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines