Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking, Shadow, 3D Animation and bugs here and there

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2020 Nov 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

the last time that I used Adobe Xd was like in April 2019 on a Windows. However the version in office was probably older than the version running in April. 

Now I got back for and for some reason I have more bugs now that in that time. 

Unresponsive commands and glitch

- At some point it's impossible drag the screen "space + drag" simply Adobe Xd it's unresponsive to the command

- Zoom in and zoom out become unresposive too, so clicking ctrl plus the keypad symbol + or - sorts no effect

- Arrow controls stop to work

The three above listed problems, showed up today for the first time after 29 days of use. 

Masking shape

Has masking shape always prevented the use of shadow? If so why?

3D Animation and 3D Animation + shadow= delirium

I have this six cards in six different folders within a master folder. Each card folder it's a masking shape with the image of the card, plus the card and a second card that I have to use as shadow because, shadow function does not work with masking shape.

This 6 cards fall from the top and stack on each other. While the artboard shows the shadow as per setting: 0,3,6 (right image)
The prototype view (left image) gives a different view, like if shadow was set with extremely high value:
shadow_error2.png

I had no wat to resolve this, I had to remove the "shadow card" from the middle of the stuck and keep only the one at the top and the one at the bottom. 

Once the last card has fallen, the same one on the top of the stack rise up to 0°. This step is bugged in a random way, like the rest of all this animation. 
Sometime the card rise up to 0° without problems, other time there's a glitch where the card behind the top card, seems to rise too and flicker through the top one. 

The next step of the animation allows to flip the card that is standing at 0°. Instead of doing a flip card animation in the old fashion way before 3D animation was introduced, I used 3D animation also for this. 
So I placed in one folder the front and the back of the card, reversed the back and set the proper Z values. 

The flip works, but after around 0.2 seconds, the front card that was supposed to stay on the back, it showed up reversed in front of the card. I solved by adding a transition of 0s to another identical artboad, but wow, the time does not pay the result.

I have redone the whole animation and it's impossible understand what the problem is, because everytime it's just a lottery where u have a perfect animation at the first play, a bug at the second play, a perfect animation at the third play, a new bug at the fourth play and so on.

Finally I made a shared link of the app, just to notice how the shared link result in bugs on missed transitions, flickering and other problems that locally do not show up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi IcKz13,

Sorry for the trouble and delay. For your first issues - Unresponsive commands and glitches. I would request you to update to the latest build XD 35.3. 

I would request you to elaborate on your 2nd problem and share the design specs of your prototype so that we have a better understanding of the 3rd issue which you have described. Meanwhile, I'll try to recreate this design following the instructions that you have provided. 

Thanks,

Atul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Atul sorry but it was in November 28 the project is finished and I can't get back 'cause I do not have time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines