• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merge local colors with linked

Explorer ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As in subject. I've linked new design system file, that contains same colors as used locally.

Is there any option to merge them so everything would be controlled by linked color only?

If I re-assign color (replace in fact) with linked one manually, it works fine...but, I have dozens of elements in groups, components, etc...re-assigning them manually would take forever 😞

Any ideas?

Win 10 Pro

Adobe XD: 31.1.12.13

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to Harshika, it would be helpful if you provide the workflow.  But,I am afraid there is no possible way except doing manually, when it comes to linked color and linked character style. Instead you can select the artboard and add all colors which has been used in artboard to asset panel. So you can operate the respective colors from asset panel. But if you still want to work with linked colors, then you need to go for manual set. 

Please revert back for

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry for the delay in response. Would you mind sharing the screenshot or a video of your workflow for better understanding? 

We will try our best to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. In addition to Harshika, it would be helpful if you provide the workflow.  But,I am afraid there is no possible way except doing manually, when it comes to linked color and linked character style. Instead you can select the artboard and add all colors which has been used in artboard to asset panel. So you can operate the respective colors from asset panel. But if you still want to work with linked colors, then you need to go for manual set. 

Please revert back for any doubts or issue you want to clarify. 

Regards,

Anita Subedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, it's hard to say that found an answer as satisfying, but a knowledge that it's impossible is also an answer 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines