• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing fonts: Noto Sans TC

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Noto Sans TC, https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Noto+Sans+TC an OTF font by Google in some of the designs I made. However, it doesn't seem to work in XD. When I copy formatted text form Illustratot, I get a message that a font was missing, and the formatted text has type specification "NotoSansTC-Regular-83pv-RKSJ-H"? Also, I can select Noto Sans in the fontlist, but Noto Sans TC is missing. Any help appreciated. Using XD 39.0.12.12 on a Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google has made several versions of Noto Sans available through Adobe Fonts, but I don't see Noto Sans TC. If you don't want to activate and use one of those, you can add it to the Creative Cloud. Here's how:

Use your own fonts in Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reaching out, Myra. I added the link to the Noto Sans TC in my question. You can find it here: https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Noto+Sans+TC It's otf and I have installed it with Font Book by Apple. It works fine in Illustrator, Photoshop etc.  When I try to install through CC, I get the message that the font is already installed on my device: https://ibb.co/frzscXn which is correct. Please let me know of any other suggestions. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a thread where someone had an issue with Open Sans. They had had Adobe Font versions of it and Google Font versions of it. They disabled the Adobe Font versions and enabled only ttf versions of the Google Font.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/font-problems-in-xd-specifically-open-sans/m-p/11367759

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Myra,

I have a small problem. I can´t find the font Noto Sans Light in my Adobe account and when I log in to Creative Cloud I have activated the font. But when I try to "change" the font from an other PDF-file can´t I see the font in all the other Noto Sans fonts. Why is this happen ? 

Regards 

/ Kenneth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't used Noto Sans Light for a while, it will deactivate. You can go to fonts.adobe.com to activate it again. 

PDFs can embed fonts, so it would make sense that you would be able to see the font there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines