Highlighted

missing layers panel

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may be because some of the tutorials I am watching are from older versions of adobe XD but alot of the tutorials on the adobe website show the bottom left icons in the program to be different to my version. Mine has the assests panel sign, the layers panel and the plug ins panel. Where as alot of the tutorials on the adobe XD website have the assets panel and then just one other panel with a different icon, two circles of different sizes on a diagonal, see bellow. Does anyone know how I get to this other set up or if it is needed. Thanks in advance. 

my set upmy set upin the tutorialsin the tutorials

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

The top icon in your set up is the same panel as the 'two circles' icon in the tutorials. The tutorials are made on older versions, where the panel was named 'components', and this is the old icon. Now it's named Assets, because it includes colors, character styles as well as components, but it's the same thing. Your 'Layers' panel is the second icon. Same on old and newer version.

Keep in mind you can only have 1 panel open at a time. You can either open Assets, Layers or Plugins, but not all 3. The interface customization is still very limited, so you can't really change anything about the workspace.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

missing layers panel

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this may be because some of the tutorials I am watching are from older versions of adobe XD but alot of the tutorials on the adobe website show the bottom left icons in the program to be different to my version. Mine has the assests panel sign, the layers panel and the plug ins panel. Where as alot of the tutorials on the adobe XD website have the assets panel and then just one other panel with a different icon, two circles of different sizes on a diagonal, see bellow. Does anyone know how I get to this other set up or if it is needed. Thanks in advance. 

my set upmy set upin the tutorialsin the tutorials

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Spas K. | Adobe Community Professional

The top icon in your set up is the same panel as the 'two circles' icon in the tutorials. The tutorials are made on older versions, where the panel was named 'components', and this is the old icon. Now it's named Assets, because it includes colors, character styles as well as components, but it's the same thing. Your 'Layers' panel is the second icon. Same on old and newer version.

Keep in mind you can only have 1 panel open at a time. You can either open Assets, Layers or Plugins, but not all 3. The interface customization is still very limited, so you can't really change anything about the workspace.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 30, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reachig out & sharing your observation. In the Latest version of XD we have an asset panel, layer panel & plugin icon so if you've the current version you will see these icons. However, we would request you to please share the links of those tutorials with us here so that we can ask our team to update the same.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2020 1