• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing SF Pro Fonts in Adobe XD file

Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an XD file that tells me I have missing fonts, but there are no objects that I can find that are associated with any of those fonts.  XD tells me that I have 3 missing fonts (SF Pro Text Regular, SF Pro Text Medium and SFProText Semibold).  When I right-click on one of those and select "Highlight on canvans", I am shown a bunch of blue rectanges with nothing in them, like this:

gurs2die4_0-1620932549588.png

But when I try to select any of those rectangles or click anywhere on the screen, they all just disappear.  If I drag accross the entire artboard area, nothing is selected.  How am I supposed to figure out what text is in these text boxes, select them, change their attributes, or delete them?  Any help appreciated. 

I created a demonstration file by starting with the problematic XD prototype and deleting all objects/assets and deleting all artboards except for the two with the mystery missing fonts.  Of course, if you have these fonts on your system the issue may not present for you, but I'm not sure how else to showcase the problem.  In any case, when I try to attach the XD file directly to this post, I get the following error from the site: "The attachment's missingfontexample.xd content type (application/octet-stream) does not match its file extension and has been removed."  If someone can tell me how to share the file, I will do so.

Thanks for your help!

{Renamed BY MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

I think I just figured it out.  If I view the layers panel, it showed me that there were 2 objects on each artboard that must have contained the fonts.  Those objects were hidden, so there was no way to select them from the artboard.  Live & learn!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. We'll need to test this on our end so please share the file by adding it to a shared location like Google Drive or DropBox and then sharing the link through DM by clicking on my name. Please also share the version of XD, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Note: While sending the DM, please add this discussion link in the subject.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh.  I will just post the link here since the file is not confidential:

https://web.tresorit.com/l/EampM#oFZDQvm8L27Hur8GPKsTGw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I just figured it out.  If I view the layers panel, it showed me that there were 2 objects on each artboard that must have contained the fonts.  Those objects were hidden, so there was no way to select them from the artboard.  Live & learn!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines