Exit

Missing XD Fonts but installed via Cloud Fonts - Please Help fix

Contributor ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is pretty confusing so this screen shot might help:

missing fonts 1.png

Basically, I've installed fonts via Creative Cloud fonts manager over the years, and this has slowly been getting worse in XD only.

The problem:
XD is showing some Adobe fonts; -

(a) Some installed fonts and variations are showing in the drop down list but giving a warning that fonts are missing when I try and select them,

(b) Some installed fonts and/ or variations missing from the list.

(c) Some showing in the font family list but I've not even installed those variations.

I'm only talking about the Adobe installed fonts via The Creative Cloud App. I've not checked system ones for now.

See below for the all the fonts I've installed via Creative Cloud fonts app only, and the problems each font family and variation has:

All show correctly and are installed:

• Gibson - Light, Regular, Semibold
  • Nunito - Bold

Some show, but some show as installed but not showing:

Lato -

• Showing font: Medium,
  • I don't have these installed but are in the drop down list and show: - Light, Light Italic, Regular, Italic.
  • NOT Showing font: (I don't have these installed but are in the drop down list:) - bold, bold Italic, black, black italic.
  • NOT showing in the list but are installed: - Semi Bold

Noto Sans -

• Showing font: Light, Regular.
  • NOT Showing font: Bold.
  • NOT showing in the list but are installed: - Semi Bold

Open Sans-

• Showing font: Regular, 
  • I don't have these installed but are in the drop down list and show: - Light, Light Italic
  • NOT Showing font: (I don't have these installed but are in the drop down list:) - Italic, Semi Bold italic, Bold Italic, Extra Bold, Extra Bold Italic.
  • NOT showing in the list but are installed: - Semi Bold, Bold

None show in XD dropdown but installed in Creative cloud/ Fonts manager:

• ASAP - Regular, Italic, Bold, Bold Italic
  • Muli - Regular, Italic, Semi bold, Bold
  • Pacifico - Light, Regular, Bold
  • Roboto Condensed - Bold (Shows Extra Bold Italic - but is greyed out and says missing font)
  • Source Sans Pro - Semi bold
  • Titillium Web  -Regular, Semi Bold, Bold

OK, so can anyone advise as to why I'm having the above fonts issues and how to solve it so installed fonts actually show without missing font errors and ones I've not installed, don't?

Thanks.

Dave.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

OK, after a couple of helpful hours with an Adobe Tech support guy, we've worked out that uninstalling my Font management software "Extensis Suitcase Fusion 9" has temporarily resolved the issue for XD. I'm guessing there's a conflict between the two.

But that still now means I'm without independent font management & the CC2019 Adobe Photoshop plugins that they bundle with it which I use for previewing & embedding all Google fonts inside Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator. That and general font management.

So I'm stuck. I can now use XD correctly but not font management & CC2019 plugins.

Anyone help resolve this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK,

Sent Extensis a tech support question and asked if they knew what was going on and any fix. This was their reply:

"Greetings Dave,

We're not aware of any issues with Adobe XD with Suitcase Fusion 9 and aside from yourself, there's been no other report from other customers regarding this issue.

We don't perform any QA testing with Adobe XD ourselves as it's not one of the applications that we include auto-activation plugins for but based on what we can see in your screen shot, it looks like the issue involves fonts synched from Adobe own Font service rather than from any fonts activated in Suitcase Fusion.

Adobe Fonts uses it's own delivery mechanism to download and activate their fonts to the operating system and although we do show all synched Adobe fonts in our interface, we don't interfere with them.

Additionally the fact that other Adobe applications can see those fonts but XD can't would definitely suggest this is an XD specific issue."

OK, Adobe, back to you as Extensis seem to think its XD's issue. What do you think is happening here please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update from Extensis as to what they did to see if they could re-create the problem but couldn't:

"We did perform some testing with Adobe XD and did not notice any issues with font availabilty. This is an outline of our test;

1. Installed Adobe XD from the Creative Cloud app

2. Browsed Adobe fonts and activated Noto Sans Bold, Semi Bold, Light and Regular

3. Launched Suitcase Fusion and confirmed that the new Adobe fonts were listed within the Third Party Fonts area

4. Launched Adobe XD

5. Created a new job and applied Noto Sans Bold to a text box

6. Saved the job and quit Adobe XD

7. Relaunched and re-opened the job and the font was still available"

Anyone else having the same issue, or is it just me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you still have have the problem if you reinstall Extensis Suitcase Fusion 9? Also, does restarting XD after all the fonts are activated help in any way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately re-installing brings the problem back for me, but not for Extensis support. Re-starting makes no difference. The Technical support guy at Adobe tried the latter when he took over the computer. I tried the first after we'd concluded SF9 being installed was causing the conflict. The Techie guy tried everything he could check and switch on and off including re-naming folders to rebuild them, checking settings in Creative Cloud App, checking and un-checking fonts and families etc. He tried his own account, and mine, but same results before uninstalling SF9, when the fonts in XD then returned to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had similar issues with Extensis over the years, ive just now had an issue with extensis 8, adobe fonts and XD. I had a font active in adobe fonts, it was working in illustrator and photoshop fine but wouldnt load into XD, other adobe fonts did though so its a bit odd. The old work around that worked for me was always to uninstall extensis, restart and re install. It worked again this time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines