Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mockups not visible for clients and developers

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Usually, I would share mockups with clients and developers for review and feedback but now the mockups are not visible anymore. The only screens visible when sharing are the ones that are connected to a prototype. That makes sharing practically useless because most projects have a lot of mockups across the different viewport sizes and states.

So how to share all mockups from a file without having to connect the screens into a prototype?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Hi Jernejh,

Oh! if none of the artboards is connected, then all the artboards would be displayed.

If there is any artboard that is connected then the artboards that aren't connected will not be displayed on the web. This is the expected behavior of XD as of now. 

If this isn't the case, could you share the XD file and a video of how exactly are you trying this?

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jernejh,

Thank you for highlighting this.

Sharing is allowed for wired artboard as of now, this is how XD is currently designed. We are working on it to allow the users to share all the artboards. You should be able to share all the artboards in the upcoming future releases. 

You could also post your request for the same at https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests.

Regards,

Rajesh KN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Adobe XD you were already able to share all artboards without having to connect them. That was possible even last week. So this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jernejh,

Oh! if none of the artboards is connected, then all the artboards would be displayed.

If there is any artboard that is connected then the artboards that aren't connected will not be displayed on the web. This is the expected behavior of XD as of now. 

If this isn't the case, could you share the XD file and a video of how exactly are you trying this?

Regards,

Rajesh KN

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the issue. It supposed to work like that, and it did, but now there's an issue where even if there are no connections between the artboards, you can't share all the screens. Only 1 screen is visible when sharing. I've created a video:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fas96OUc6vDkMFCQukmjqOkDN1WOCK2p/view?usp=sharing

Here you can see 3 artboards, none of them connected but only the first one visible when sharing. And if I delete the first one then only the second one is visible when sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jernejh,

Thank you for sharing the video, it really helped. It looks like you've marked you first artboard as home artboard this is the reason you are seeing only first artboard. In order to show all artboards, you need to make sure that you don't mark any artboard as home artboard as well as not connected with each other.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I didn't mark the artboard as "home". If I delete the artboard the next one is marked as home.

2) In the past, you could mark any artboard as home and as long as no 2 artboards had a connection, the XD app would share all artboards. Just today started a new file (for a client) and about 2h into the work one of the artboards has been automatically marked as home and despite not having a single connection between 2 artboards, only the "home" artboard is visible when sharing.

I've been using Adobe XD since it came out from beta in 2016 and this is not the normal behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are the screenshots from a file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1obr0PBf_jwLbmHq50aSAND69JDeA4Awk?usp=sharing

I started to work on a UI library file to use it on another XD file (both files are cloud documents). Once I created some of the artboards and the content, I wanted to check if the issue appeared again and it did. The 3rd artboard in the top row is selected as home and as you can see in the prototype mode has no connections. As you can also see in the share mode, it's the only one that is going to be shared.

I did not select any artboard as home. And as said earlier, in the past even if you selected an artboard as home, it would still share all artboards as long as none of them were connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines