Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

modify initial (main/principal) Component will break layers depth/hierarchy

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

When I try to locate and update main component from an instance or a copy of it, the right-clic shortcut (or Cmd + Shift + K) works perfectly, but the behaviour of the now selected main component is weird : it moves to the foreground.

Let say I have a MyComponent. It is located on the background. I made copies of it : MyComponent.1, MyComponent.2, etc (all on the background)

On MyComponent.2 I right-clic and select "modifier le composant principal" (french commands) or Cmd + Shift + K

The artboard will focus and higlight the initial MyComponent, which is ok, but in the meantime this one goes straight to the foreground.

I would totally enjoy that if when I unselect or stop modifying the initial MyComponent, this one goes back to its initial position.

Unfortunately, for each modification I need to rebuild layers hierarchy.

Is there something I am missing ?

Regards

TOPICS
Design , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Franco,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting your observation to the community. I would like to understand if you have started experiencing this in XD 36.1 version or you noticed it in the previous version as well. I would also request you to please share the OS and XD version of your machine.

I will try my best to investigate your issue.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines