• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More Robust Grid Settings Please

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One real bummer I've seen with XD is the lack of options for the grid/layout options. The missing elements that are present and useful in other programs are as follows:

• The ability to view grid squares and layout bars at the same time.
  • The ability to choose and display two grid square increments (like Sketch). For example, you would have the first set of bars at 8pt and then the second set could be 4pt with a lighter line. Currently, all I've seen for this is to create a hack by creating a layer with a repeating element that mimics the grid spacing described. Clunky and adds more layers and has to be pasted into every artboard. This would be very useful when working with baseline grids and type scales. 
  • A native nudge adjustment function, like Figma has, that allows you to easily preset a small nudge increment value and a large nudge increment value. Example: Small 4px & Large 8px.
  • Additionally, being able to adjust the UI of the program itself so that users can increase the size of their toolbars so that they aren't so small. I haven't found a way to boost the size of these elements (sidebar with layers, components, etc...) and they are quite small. 

XD is so close to being able to blow the other programs away. But there are still some key features missing that I feel are pretty fundamental to most people's workflows. Great work so far, but I think these features are more important than some of the other bells and whistles that have been added before them. 

TOPICS
Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

I agree on all accounts.

Some comments on each of them:

• In earlier versions, it was actually possible to mix them !

• Many other Adobe design apps have such a primary/secondary grid feature.

• Adobe XD offers the shift key to either nudge by 10 or to the nearest grid measure.

• On Windows and Mac displays you can somewhat tweak the interface resolution of the system.

But apart from these make-shift tricks, you're right, Adobe XD could improve a lot in these areas.

Are you familiar with the Use

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree on all accounts.

Some comments on each of them:

• In earlier versions, it was actually possible to mix them !

• Many other Adobe design apps have such a primary/secondary grid feature.

• Adobe XD offers the shift key to either nudge by 10 or to the nearest grid measure.

• On Windows and Mac displays you can somewhat tweak the interface resolution of the system.

But apart from these make-shift tricks, you're right, Adobe XD could improve a lot in these areas.

Are you familiar with the UserVoice website ? I can already spot a lot similar (and old) requests:

https://adobexd.uservoice.com/search?filter=merged&query=grid%20squares%20layout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines