• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Item Within Component in XD changes elements not tied to that object. [example in post]

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am currently working on a document using a component to change content on an artboard instead of having it go to a new artboard so that I can have it return to the last artboard for prototyping.

Anyway, when I move a specific element within the component it changes other elements within that component not linked to the element I moved as well as snaps the element I moved to a specific area of the page. It is hard to verbalize the issue, so I included a link to a video showing the issue.

Example of Error 

TOPICS
Design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so glad you posted this, I thought I was going crazy! 
I have a very similar issue. 
In a component, not in the master state, trying to move basically anything causes pieces not related to what I am moving to go crazy. Sometimes I can't move the piece that I need to at all!
It's made component states essentially useless for me.

Here's a video showing me making changes in the component master state (which works), and then in the child state (which makes other objects in the component go crazy).
https://youtu.be/7vCZ_lqHK5I

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here must be fix, state componnent once they got a bit complicated become useless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines