• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple colors within one text box stopped working the way it used to?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using XD v. 38.0.12.13 on a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) running macOS Mojave v. 10.14.6

This simple ability used to work fine. One text box with some text set as one color and some text set as a second color. Suddenly stopped working. I have not recently upgraded.

I just went through and cleaned up my file (removed all unused assets, style sheets, removed a ton of pasted-in multi-layered AI files). Still doesn't work. My file is only 35.8 MB.

When I select a former text box where I was able to do this, selecting the Fill Color selector causes it to automatically register white, in all cases.

When I create a new document, it works as I would expect it to work: I can set different color text within the same text box.

When I copy a text box from my current doc into a new doc, it works. When I paste that same text box into my current doc, it doesn't work.

When I re-save my current doc as a new name, it doesn't work.

When I re-start XD, it doesn't work.

Anyone else having this issue?

Thank you

Chris

TOPICS
Design , How to , Product performance , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Yes, with the update that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. I tested this on the latest version of XD that is 38.1 and was able to add different colors to the text in the same text box. So could you please update XD to the latest version and check if that resolves the issue. If it still doesn't work, please test it on a different file also share a small video of the workflow.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with the update that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thank you,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice to hear you are back on track after updating. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to XD.

We would be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines