• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple element states on a single page?

Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a gallery with a selection feature - it's super simple in concept, a gallery of images that will change the image state with a checkmark and border treatment when selected. The problem is, I've got a dozen images in the gallery, if I were to make every single possible iteration of the page it would be like 144 pages.

Is there a way in XD to isolate the state change to a single element on the page without having to make a second page showing the changed element state?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your goal here with this project? If you are trying to create a fully functional web page/app, that is NOT what XD is for. As you pointed out the combinations quickly grow. Sadly, what you want are more complex component-like capabilities. Currently, those don't exist. Depending on what you are trying to do, either just so a sub-set to demonstrate the basic look you want to show, or work out the development and have a functioning version. This is where having the coding ability in Adobe Animate (aka Flash) would make this so easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm basically just asking if it's possible, if this is a feature in XD that I'm unaware of.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines