• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Muse was. Dreamweaver ? (Xd to prototype) Which tool will help to build a website without coding and coding nights long ?

Explorer ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

There are existential question marks that are more important to be think and things to do. But let me take three minutes of your time.

It's weekend. So I take time to ask : Muse was. No longer alternative for an intuitive tool in Adobe Creative Suite in order to built website for all sort of devices ?

Yes : Dreamweaver ? I learned to use it in 1999... But I fill ashamed because I'm not sure I'll be able to use it today ? As easily as Adobe Portfolio which I use to help me to design a quite simple web site without weeks of programming and bugs ? By the way:  does not Adobe - which means clay brick - have the "ID" to make dreamweaver disappear by "désespoir" ?

Xd made for prototypes.

I have an artist oriented gabarit designed, with the help of french ministry of culture. On paper. But it's was conceive in order to be an online simple portfolio.

Adobe Portfolio provide reliable gabarits. Still in the air ? Won't it disappear because I have a quite big alarm :  my portfolio is online and each month I wonder What else Adobe will offer, in a while, in place of Portfolio ? For those who are naive, it is impossible to save on your computer a version of your Adobe Portfolio website.

Yes. It's better to program and to code an original website. In order to question this media. The media is the message. The media is a massage. (Marshall Mc Luhan)

It's weekend. I can enjoy it this week. So I'll do. Hope you genuine good times. I used to wish my friends a constellation of little moments of happiness.

Best regards,

Pascal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

ppg198  wrote

Let see if XD speak DW fluently ?!?

Pascal,

XD is for prototyping and wireframing only.   It does not create code.  You will need to hand your designs off to a skilled programmer who can translate viable ideas into workable code --  HTML, CSS, JavaScript and whatever server-side language is required.

If you want to actually code a working web site yourself,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Is it easy to make a prototype in XD then transferring it in DW ?

I used to code. But quite a long time ago.

So. I have work in perspective for a personal website but useful one as a portfolio or more like a work in progress !

best regards,

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that, i don't know.  but i'll move your message where it may get an informed response.

[moved from Adobe Creative Cloud to Adobe XD]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

best,

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ppg198  wrote

Pascal,

XD is for prototyping and wireframing only.   It does not create code.  You will need to hand your designs off to a skilled programmer who can translate viable ideas into workable code --  HTML, CSS, JavaScript and whatever server-side language is required.

If you want to actually code a working web site yourself,

If all that seems like too much trouble, I urge you to go back to a DIY online site builder like Adobe Portfolio, Squarespace, Webflow or Bubble.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this documented answer. With different references.

Today I use Portfolio (Adobe’s license...). I used Muse. But, I feel very dependent to a software editor.

As I mentioned I used to code in html. But also in languages like Fortran, Pascal or Ada, for very technical usages. JavaScript a little. But I’m not an up to date web programmer.

I’ll have to think about finding a way with my own practice. I have the basis ! There are also many medias in my Portfolio website.

It’s up to me !

Best regards,

Pascal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if you don't want be dependent on software, you'll need to learn (or re-learn), html and css for a static website.  for a dynamic website you'll also need to use javascript.  and if you need to use back-end programming (eg, for database use), you should learn php.

you can then use any text editor to code your website.  i started with a knowledge of fortran (now long forgotten) background and didn't find javascript and php significantly different (and html/css don't even use coding skills - just a knowledge of their grammar and effects). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines