• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My web based prototype link doesn't open in full screen mode.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My recently created prototype link doesn't open up in fullscreen view. My screen is designed in 1366px1260px size and the viewport size is 768px. Refer to screenshot-01.jpg attached.

Following is the URL of my live prototype;

https://xd.adobe.com/view/821b4e68-428f-4122-458f-68e7e16deef8-f42a/?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit...

Notice, I've also added "?featureset=fullscreenScaleToFit&fullscreenfollowing the main URL but still, it's not showing in fullscreen mode, which it would do earlier. 

I found a workaround which is not fetching perfect output i.e. increasing the size of the viewport to the same height of the screen size i.e. 1260px. By doing this it showed me in fullscreen mode but my certain header area which was sticky, started to scroll.

Kindly let me know how to achieve the fullscreen view along with my sticky header part.

Thanks,

Farhan Zafar

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Your web browser has interface (tabs, address bar, etc) above the viewing area. Your design is taller than the height of the viewing area, so it's shrinking down to fit.

If you make your XD artboard shorter (to match the height of the visible area in the browser, rather than the height of your entire screen) then it won't scale down and the width can fill out the entire width of your screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I remember correctly, the preview will not scale UP the design, only scale DOWN the design. So it is opening in Fullscreen mode for me, and it is scaling down to fit... but it won't fill up the page if your screen is larger than the design.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply Dan. I am not sure why it's happening since my notebook screen is 1366px and my screen design is also 1366px1260px, so why isn't it showing perfectly on my screen?.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your web browser has interface (tabs, address bar, etc) above the viewing area. Your design is taller than the height of the viewing area, so it's shrinking down to fit.

If you make your XD artboard shorter (to match the height of the visible area in the browser, rather than the height of your entire screen) then it won't scale down and the width can fill out the entire width of your screen.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dan, that worked for me. I reduced my art board height to 650px and it worked. Now everything is displaying perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We're glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines