• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Naming assets is buggy

Participant ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm naming my components/assets, the names don't save unless I press enter on my keyboard. 

I can't tab to the next one to name it, and I can't click outside the box or it loses the name & reverts to whatever is default.

The way I work means I add a few components at once, then name them all - not being able to tab through to name them is really annoying.

TOPICS
Design , Product performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We'll need to reproduce this on our end, so could you please share a small video of the workflow and what exactly is happening? We'll also need the version of XD & OS, we'll try our best to help you with it.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't share a video because your forum doesn't support them.

If I double click to rename a component, then use my tab key to begin naming the next one, it doesn't highlight the text in the next box, it doesn't jump to the next one at all. 

I just want to be able to name my components in the list without having to double click or right click on every name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for explaining. Currently, to rename a component you can double click on the component in the list view, and to move to the next component, you'll need to double click on that again. Unfortunately, we don't have an option to use the Tab key to navigate to the next component in line as using the Tab key, it will switch to different modes of XD. Having said that, I understand there is always a scope of improvement in such workflows so I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team and you can do that too by posting your request here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this used to work fine before the update - the same way that keyboard shortcuts aren't activated when you're typing. 

This was working absolutely fine before the December update, and it's now a bug. Please can it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

We're so sorry for the delay in response. Let me assure you, I'll share your feedback with the Engineering team. You can also share your feedback here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines