Highlighted

New feature request - keyboard/controller navigation improvement

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, I am absolutely ecstatic after the latest XD update which added multiple actions per element and mapping of keyboard/controller keys to actions. This is absolutely huge for a person like me who works solely on RCU controlled UIs and until now I did not have any way of directly simulating and testing such interfaces without actually developing it and deploying it on the device. I want to kiss the product manager who devised this feature!

There is a quirk, however - when using the arrow keys for navigation (simulating an RCU d-pad) they work as expected when mapped to actions, but they also just scroll through the screens when no actions are mapped, which breaks the intended user journey. Is it possible to remove the arrow keys as shortcuts to move through screens when in prototype preview mode, and leave them only for when they are specifically mapped to actions?

Kind Regards,

Alex, a very grateful UI/UX designer

Topics

Desktop, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New feature request - keyboard/controller navigation improvement

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe, I am absolutely ecstatic after the latest XD update which added multiple actions per element and mapping of keyboard/controller keys to actions. This is absolutely huge for a person like me who works solely on RCU controlled UIs and until now I did not have any way of directly simulating and testing such interfaces without actually developing it and deploying it on the device. I want to kiss the product manager who devised this feature!

There is a quirk, however - when using the arrow keys for navigation (simulating an RCU d-pad) they work as expected when mapped to actions, but they also just scroll through the screens when no actions are mapped, which breaks the intended user journey. Is it possible to remove the arrow keys as shortcuts to move through screens when in prototype preview mode, and leave them only for when they are specifically mapped to actions?

Kind Regards,

Alex, a very grateful UI/UX designer

Topics

Desktop, Missing feature

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reaching out and using Adobe XD. We really appreaciate your feedback. In order to move more quickly between multiple screens, we have a request raised here: https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/13666425-create-ho... 

If you're looking for something similar please submit your feedback and upvote the above mentioned request to add your voice. If it's not what you are looking for, please submit a new feature request and add your voice.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Harshika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Harishka,

I think you have missunderstood my request - I don't need a shortcut to move between screens - I need the directional arrows not to move between screens unless they are mapped to do so.

Currently, creating a keyboard/controller navigation journey works great untill the user reaches the last screen of the journey. The intended behaviour should be they are not be able to continue unless there is a following journey with a mapped key.

What currently happens is that even if I have not mapped any action on the last screen of the journey, pressing a directional arrow will just move to the next screen in the Artboards list.

This is hugely impacting the opportunity XD to be used as a UX testing tool as it creates "broken" journeys and does not allow for a user to be left to browse the UI freely.

So, again, my request is directional arrows to work only if they are mapped to an action.

Kind Regards,

Alex

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Preran LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I got you correctly, this is the feature request you are looking for https://adobexd.uservoice.com/forums/353007-adobe-xd-feature-requests/suggestions/34155340-ability-t...

I suggest upvoting this request to stay tuned to the latest announcements around it.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines