Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XD : "View only access" for shared CC library

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I love new Libraries and I think that's way better from what we had previusly (that was misleading). However, there are some minor issues, e.g. even if I create a file and share a Library from it, in the Creative Cloud app I have "View only access". Does anyone know why is that?

(I'd really love to be able to create groups for that Library but I simply can't because of this "View only" limitation!)

{Title renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Product performance , Share or publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

@HARSHIKA_VERMA , @ricardor18590360 As Harshika suggested, I've reached to Adobe Customer Care and had a very long session with multiple consultants. What I've learned is quite surprising. This behavior is… intentional.

If you upload components and assets from Adobe Xd, you can't do anything about them within the CCDA (Creative Cloud Desktop Application). This is why they put the "View access only" label in the upper right corner. (Yes, it is confusing. In my opinion, it is bad UX and it should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out. Could you please check out this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/xd/user-guide.html/xd/help/work-with-creative-cloud-libraries-xd.ug.html and see if that helps?

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @HARSHIKA_VERMA ,

No, it doesn't help. I've created a library (I'm the file and the Library ower) but I in the Creative Cloud I have "View access only" that prevents me from, e.g. creating groups (see attached screenshot).

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 1.31.04 PM.pngCheers,

Jacek

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry for the typos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in response. I would suggest connecting with us directly using this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html so that we can help you immediately.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@HARSHIKA_VERMA , @ricardor18590360 As Harshika suggested, I've reached to Adobe Customer Care and had a very long session with multiple consultants. What I've learned is quite surprising. This behavior is… intentional.

If you upload components and assets from Adobe Xd, you can't do anything about them within the CCDA (Creative Cloud Desktop Application). This is why they put the "View access only" label in the upper right corner. (Yes, it is confusing. In my opinion, it is bad UX and it should be fixed ASAP.)

The label is not displayed for the assets that have been uploaded directly to the CCDA. This kind of asset can be organized within the CCDA app, e.g. collected within groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doubling this question, too. I have the same issue when I publish a library in XD -- it is "View only access", and I don't know how to change it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines