• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEW XD file won't open on PREVIOUS XD version. Grrrrrrr

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have TWO computers ... one at work (with Mojave 10.14) and one at home (with Sierra 10.12).  I saved an XD file at work with the NEW XD, then tried it at home with the PREVIOUS XD ... and ... it WILL NOT OPEN.  I know ... I need to install the new version of XD, but it's not compatible with Sierra and I'm not upgrading my OS.

So, how can I export the file from the NEW XD to be able to open in the PREVIOUS XD?

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this isn't supported in XD because we have features in the newer version that aren't supported on the older. Your best bet is going to be exporting as SVG and reimporting into the older version of XD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, if I understood it right, it is Adobe policy that new versions of Adobe XD won't support projects files generated on previous versions? And this is going to happen *every time* new XD versions with new features are released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's Adobe policy that new Adobe documents will not be supported on old versions of XD. If I understand your original question correctly, that's what you were asking, right? You should be able to upgrade your older documents to a newer version of XD at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GREAT POLICY!!  It would have been nice to know that BEFORE I committed to opening the file and saving it in the newer version.  Sheesh!!  Since this hasn't happened before in XD, WHY would I think it would happen now.

Weeks, days, hours ... wasted ona dead file.  Good forsight Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHAT THA!?!? ... Illustrator has a "Save As" for compatibility with previous versions of Illustrator, and I've never run into issues like this for PSD files. Even Microsoft allows you to save for compaitibility with previous versions.  WHY would Adobe do this!?!?!  

I just want to be able to export the file (or even artboards) so I can re-open in the previous version.  Is that too much to ask!?!?  WHY WAS THERE NO WARNING!?!?!?  A simple dialog box "You will not be able to open this file in a previous version of XD" "OK" or "Cancel" WOULD. HAVE. BEEN. NICE.

Dammit ... I'm so frustrated with Adobe.  I really LOVE XD ... but this is a MAJOR OVERSIGHT and NOT a good strategy to burn users like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines