• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newbie needs help! iOS icon not showing properly in Live View on Adobe XD app.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is not an issue on preview mode in Adobe XD. However, the icons that I used from the iOS UI Elements download from the Adobe XD UI Kits do not show up on Live View using the Adobe XD app on iPhone. Any ideas of why this might be? 😞

Any help would be highly appreciated as I don't want to redo all the icons.

Thanks so much!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

When icons are using a font, it needs to be brought over to the iOS. Stick to Adobe cloud-based fonts. Or convert any type or icons using a font which is not freely available on a device's system, temporarily to an outline by using the Convert to Path command.

This doesn't imply that you can never use any special or exclusive font for a website or app. The font simply needs to be licensed and properly embedded in the code of the website or app. And that's something you're not yet up to in the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

For me, I just changed the font to one of the fonts to what was installed on my iPhone.

I changed it from SF(San Fransico) Pro Text to SF Compact Display.  The fonts can be downloaded from the Apple Website,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved. It was simply a font issue. Doh!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When icons are using a font, it needs to be brought over to the iOS. Stick to Adobe cloud-based fonts. Or convert any type or icons using a font which is not freely available on a device's system, temporarily to an outline by using the Convert to Path command.

This doesn't imply that you can never use any special or exclusive font for a website or app. The font simply needs to be licensed and properly embedded in the code of the website or app. And that's something you're not yet up to in the design stage of a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue here, but how did you solve the font issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, I just changed the font to one of the fonts to what was installed on my iPhone.

I changed it from SF(San Fransico) Pro Text to SF Compact Display.  The fonts can be downloaded from the Apple Website,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just right click on the icon, choose Path -> Convert to path, so the icon will be convert into path, so they can be viewed on real device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the tip that helped you. This might help our customers in resolving their queries.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines