Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Desktop Shortcut?

Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I just installed Adobe Xd but unlike other adobe products, there is no desktop shortcut. I couldn't find the folder for adobe Xd. Does anyone know how to find the shortcut or why?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

I think I figured it out. The exe that gets things going is named "Experience_Design_(Beta)_Set-Up.exe". That sounded so much like an installer that I ignored it. But, double-clicking it does open up the Xd template options, ready for you to get going.

At some point I had manually put that on my C drive, while testing another problem someone was having. There also was a copy deeply buried in an Edge browser cache temp folder. That one seemed not to function, but the one on the C drive did. I move

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Hi There,

So I had the same issue on windows 10 which was very annoying:/

I found my solution through the Start Menu (Window logo):

Click on the Window logo, below the Recently Added and Expand, all the apps come in alphabetical order, simply right click on any othem > More > Open File Location and YaYY!

This would go to the Start Menu > Programs folder and you will have access to all of your shortcuts and not just the Adobe applications shortcuts. 

If you don't want to go to that folder as there wou

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you installed everything from Creative Cloud you would have 20 or more Adobe shortcuts on your desktop. I only had Xd installed under Windows, so I just installed Media Encoder too. It also didn't get a desktop icon. I don't have the drive space to test that on all of the apps!

In the task bar there is 'Show hidden icons' button, and in that there is the Creative Cloud icon. You can drag that icon onto the task bar so that it's no longer hidden. With the CC button you can quickly get a list of all of the Creative Cloud apps you've installed.

So, you would be trading one double-click for two single-clicks, but at least your desktop won't be more crowded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I don't understand.

There isn't a 'Show hidden icons' button.
I tried right-clicking on the taskbar and I could not find it.

I am using windows 10. And do you know where the Adobe Xd folder is located in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was testing on Windows 10. Strictly speaking it's the notification area of the task bar, over to the right. This picture shows the ^ button that you click on:

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/sites/default/files/gdrive/win10_notification_area/notification_area_...

It's proving to be a challenge finding out where it gets installed! Seems not to be in Programs or Programs (x86). At least not in the Adobe folder. I'm doing Windows searches for 'experience' or '.exe'. That takes a while to run, and hasn't yet shown where it is.

If I track it down I'll let you know. Otherwise, see if my previous idea makes more sense now, or try doing your own searches to find out where it's installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I figured it out. The exe that gets things going is named "Experience_Design_(Beta)_Set-Up.exe". That sounded so much like an installer that I ignored it. But, double-clicking it does open up the Xd template options, ready for you to get going.

At some point I had manually put that on my C drive, while testing another problem someone was having. There also was a copy deeply buried in an Edge browser cache temp folder. That one seemed not to function, but the one on the C drive did. I moved a copy of that one to the desktop, and that too launched ok.

So, if you can track down "Experience_Design_(Beta)_Set-Up.exe" you can put it on your desktop. Creating a link also works.

One interesting thing though, when you open that exe all it does is open the CC app, to get it to launch Xd. If my first suggestion of using the CC menu works out, it will end up being the same stages involved in opening a desktop shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to can't find where that is..

Do you know which folder it is in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2017 Jun 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its in ​C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Adobe.CC.XD_0.6.32.12_x64__adky2gkssdxte​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another discussion someone suggested looking at the Start menu. You can drag the Start menu icons to your desktop to make a shortcut. XD does appear in the Start menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the easy answer and worked for me after updating to photoshop cc 20.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In other words Adobe is hoarding more software tech than is usable (memoriably efficient) by one person or supportable by one company. Nothing skewed about that picture at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and none of the mentioned suggestions work. The Xd icon is just not here. I'm on W10. The only way I can access Xd is by opening it trough the CC installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows 10 there is a white Windows icon where the Start menu would normally be. Clicking that should show the whole Metro interface to the right, and to the left is a list of recently added and most used applications. Below the most used should be an alphabetical list of apps, and XD is under the letter A. Do you not see that menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but there's no "open file location" option under "More" so I can't drag a shortcut icon to my desktop like I can with the other CC apps. When I place a local search Windows can't identify any Xd icons either. All I see under "More by right clicking in the Start menu is "Pin to taskbar", "Rate and review" and "Share".

W10_Xd.png

When I right click other Adobe app icons in my W10 Start menu I get this option (see under), making it possible to click "Open file location" - and from there I can drag the shortcut icon to my desktop.

w10_PS.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this somewhere else. Gives you all the shortcuts to any "modern" apps you have as well as all the rest:

Paste this into an explorer window:

%windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}

Unfortunately for me it doesn't allow me to add them to RK Launcher but it does allow you to have desktop shortcuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LIFE SAVER!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a simple way to do this.

1. Open the start menu by clicking the windows button

2. Search for Adobe XD and right click on the app and select pin to start.

3, After the icon appears on the start menu click and drag the icon on your desktop and then you will be able to see the shortcut on your desktop.

4. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2019 Jul 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Anubhav for sharing the steps. This will help our customers to create a desktop shortcut for the application. We really appreciate your presence here. Please feel free to reach out to us in the future for any query related to Adobe XD. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks,

Harshika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much..that was the easiest way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Start.  Find Photoshop.  Click, hold, drag to Desktop.  Shortcut on Desktop for Photoshop done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

So I had the same issue on windows 10 which was very annoying:/

I found my solution through the Start Menu (Window logo):

Click on the Window logo, below the Recently Added and Expand, all the apps come in alphabetical order, simply right click on any othem > More > Open File Location and YaYY!

This would go to the Start Menu > Programs folder and you will have access to all of your shortcuts and not just the Adobe applications shortcuts. 

If you don't want to go to that folder as there would be many application shortcuts there, simply hover on your desired application on the Menu and drag your desired application to your Desktop window!

(Sorry if anyone else here suggested a similar solution and I missed out)

8:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution. I am sure this will help other community members. Feel free to participate or reach out if you have any suggestions or questions.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2023 Jan 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud app shows that Photoshop Express is installed and there is an icon for it in the Taskbar.  However, I can't find it in order to create a Desktop shortcut.  It doesn't show up in the Start menu and also I can't find it with File Explorer.  Using Photoshop Express in the Taskbar, it does load instantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is my way
1 : open Adobe XD
2 : open Task manager and " Expand " Adobe XD 
3 : right click on the second Adobe XD - choose " Go to detail " 
4 : Right click XD.exe and " open file location " 
5: Then just right click and create shortcut on desktop  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines