• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No longer able to update existing prototype link

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to update the developer link for my prototype – the only option I have is to create a new link. I am still using the same document and same screen as my home screen. I had saved a copy of the document (which is on a local drive) to the cloud, so I suspect this is when the problem occurred.

It's pretty devastating as the original link contains hundreds of comments by both myself and development, so we can't just jump ship and start over with a new link.

This is a critical issue at this point in our project so I'd be happy to receive any pointers as to how I might resolve the problem and update the original link.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2021 Jun 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Saving the copy of the document should not delete the links from original document.However the copy of original document will not retain the original links.
You can find the your existing links in the original copy of the document.Additionally, Check

https://assets.adobe.com/links for all the existing published links.

Let us if this solution helps,else We will be happy to assist you furthur.

Thanks,

Raksha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raksha, 

thank you for your response. I believe what happened is that I saved the document to the cloud, and then from there saved back to my local drive, effectively overwriting the original local file with an identical copy and erasing the links.

The link still exists, and all the artboards are the same – is there any way to re-establish the link between the file and the prototype link?

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Vincents,

Are you saying you replaced your Original local document?Do you remember clicking the "Replace button" while overwriting the original local file?

If yes,I am afraid that the file with the links is overwritten and you won't be able to access the original LinksYou can create new Links by using"Quick Share" functionality.(A icon will be seen on the top left most artboard) in design Mode.Clicking on the icon will autowire all your artboards and generate a new Link.However you won't be able to retrieve the comments from your previous Link as this will be a brand new Link.

Regards,
Raksha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines