• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No option for Fix Position When Scrolling

Participant ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Fix Position when Scrolling" option has disappeared/is nonexistent. A new prototype I'm working on has no toggle button for this on the XD side panel. I opened an old project that I made a fixed position header on and see there is now a blue pin icon on the fixed web part, but still no toggle switch visible on the XD side panel. Yes, I've used this option many times, so I know how it works; I'm in Prototype mode. The XD side panel simply has no "Fix Position when Scrolling" toggle switch (or anything). Also, there are NO sections on either of these prototypes that are using the "scroll groups". The fixed header on both projects is a component. I can provide screenshots if needed. Is anyone else having this problem? It's like the feature has been completely removed from XD?

XD v 33.1.12 on Windows 10 Pro

TOPICS
Missing feature , Prototyping

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

I found the solution. The component I'm trying to "Fix" is inside a group that contains all elements on the page. Once I moved the component I want to "fix" outside of this group, the option reappeared in the XD side panel. I hope this is helpful to anyone else that runs into this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I understand right that you can't see pin icon for fixed element in prototype mode?  Here is main capture. Pin icon shown up in prototype mode? Also I can see Fix Position for Scrolling in scrolling Section of which is active for me. I am on WIN 10 with latest update XD 

Screenshot 2020-10-13 203938.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the "Fix Position When Scrolling" checkbox! I only see the pin icon on an old project that I had previously been able to check the "Fix Position When Scrolling" box. It simply is not there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please refer to this similar discussion: https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-xd/fix-position-when-scrolling-only-accessible-if-using-multipl...

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution. The component I'm trying to "Fix" is inside a group that contains all elements on the page. Once I moved the component I want to "fix" outside of this group, the option reappeared in the XD side panel. I hope this is helpful to anyone else that runs into this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines